*The 8 P’s with reference to The Taj Mahal Hotel

*7 Ps of marketing for hospitals

*MARKETING MIXES IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY

Attachments

• 7ps.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,829

bonddonraj

MP Guru
The marketing mix is the combination of marketing activities that an organisation engages in so as to best meet the needs of its targeted market. Traditionally the marketing mix consisted of just 4 Ps.
For example, a motor vehicle manufacturer like Audi:
Produces products that are of the highest quality and fit for the needs of different groups of consumers,
Offers a range of cars at value for money prices, depending on the market segmented they are targeted at,
Sells the cars through appropriate outlets such as dealerships and showrooms in prime locations, i.e. in the right places, and
Supports the marketing of the products through appropriate promotional and advertising activity.

The marketing mix thus consists of four main elements:
1. Product
2. Price
3. Place
4. Promotion.
Getting the mix of these elements right enables the organisation to meet its marketing objectives and to satisfy the requirements of customers.
In addition to the traditional four Ps it is now customary to add some more Ps to the mix to give us Seven Ps.
The additional Ps have been added because today marketing is far more customer oriented than ever before, and because the service sector of the economy has come to dominate economic activity in this country. These 3 extra Ps are particularly relevant to this new extended service mix.
The three extra Ps are:
1. Physical layout - in the days when manufacturing dominated the UK economy the physical layout of production units such as factories was not very important to the end consumer because they never went inside the factory. However, today consumers typically come into contact with products in retail units - and they expect a high level of presentation in modern shops - e.g. record stores, clothes shops etc. Not only do they need to easily find their way around the store, but they also often expect a good standard or presentation.
The importance of quality physical layout is important in a range of service providers, including:
Students going to college or university have far higher expectations about the quality of their accommodation and learning environment than in the past. As a result colleges and universities pay far more attention to creating attractive learning environments, student accommodation, shops, bars and other facilities.
Air passengers expect attractive and stimulating environments, such as interesting departure lounges, with activities for young children etc.
Hair dressing salons are expected to provide pleasant waiting areas, with attractive reading materials, access to coffee for customers, etc.
Physical layout is not only relevant to stores, which we visit, but also to the layout and structure of virtual stores, and websites.

2. Provision of customer service - customer service lies at the heart of modern service industries. Customers are likely to be loyal to organisations that serve them well - from the way in which a telephone query is handled, to direct face-to-face interactions. Although the 'have a nice day' approach is a bit corny, it is certainly better than a couldn't care less approach to customer relations. Call centre staff and customer interfacing personnel are the front line troops of any organisation and therefore need to be thoroughly familiar with good customer relation's practice.
3. Processes - associated with customer service are a number of processes involved in making marketing effective in an organisation e.g. processes for handling customer complaints, processes for identifying customer needs and requirements, processes for handling order etc

The 7 Ps - price, product, place, promotion, physical presence, provision of service, and processes comprise the modern marketing mix that is particularly relevant in service industry, but is also relevant to any form of business where meeting the needs of customers is given priority.

bonddonraj

MP Guru
Football sponsorship for Ford means being a key ingredient of the UEFA Champions League. This is a long-term strategy that goes beyond merely attaching the Ford badge to the event. The dynamics of the competition, the excitement and the desire, the eventual outcome, combine to create a positive view of Ford.
see attachment on FORD`s

Attachments

• The Ford Motor Company is a US based global automotive manufacturer.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 268

jaston20

hi... im jaston from m'sia
nice 2 meet everybody here...
i need help form u al... can someone send me notes about the 8 ps in travel and hotel industry...
im headache to find it...
thax...

sneha churiwal

hi every1...dis is sneha here from hr college, bombay...am doing a course called bankoing and insurance....kindly help me wid info related to insurance as a service product and banking as a service product..and marketing mix related to both

nkochar

It was an extremely knowledgeable article, thanks.
Though it would be great if I could also know about the marketing mix of ICICI Prudential and challenges faced by Prudential in India while adopting the marketing mix.

Neha

nishant wakare

*THE 7 P's and its indepth explanation

*BANKING SECTOR ( 7 P's with examples )

*8 P’s of TRAVEL INDUSTRY with examples

*The 8 P’s with reference to The Taj Mahal Hotel

*7 Ps of marketing for hospitals

*MARKETING MIXES IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY

thanks bhai....

do u have any marketing material related to Medical device industry.

regards,

nishant
:SugarwareZ-064:

Heidi Yursal

Hi,
I am Heidi just signed up onto this group. I am glad to joint as it will cross-exchange knowledge and comprehension in Management to enrich and enhance each other's expertise

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
b4 going 4 articles 4m sites...always see text books 4m Vipul Prakashan...it itself hav gud info n basic ideas abt to topic. then u can build more on dat using material 4m net....

syykes

nice posts... do any one hav the info on 7 P's reg SBI or any other particular banks ..rather than not in general.......