Please help me with Internet Marketing project (Tourism industry)

alright

Hi People

I done my internship in a tourism company. I wanted to take up how online marketing help the company drive sales and build brand image but nobody helped in that company. They given me completely different odd jobs like making sales calls, collect payments from clients etc etc.

Can anyone upload internet marketing project that fits into tourism industry. I would be very thankful.

Regards
sam

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Ideally you should ask your seniors to guide you in the right direction. This is a learning experience and if you do not learn on the job, the internship is of no use.

Do you know anyone inside the company who is working on internet marketing for them? If yes, take their guidance.

Internet marketing to generate leads will work in various paradigms and it will be very difficult for you to do an indepth study on each of them.

For example, you can do a pay per click advertising campaign in which you focus on some search terms and pay x amount of money to get y amount of leads. From y leads, you convert z number of people into paying customers.

In ppc, you have to keep on optimizing your campaign and keywords in such a way that you keep on lowering your x amount and get more y and z (revenue)

You can run facebook ads in the same strategy.

Like ppc, you can build a facebook fanpage and publish interesting status messages on it to increase your fanbase. You can run contests and discounts on it and you have to see how many customers you can acquire from this activity and what is the revenue that you make with it. This is called social media marketing. You can do the same on twitter and other social media sites.

At the end of the day, the formula is total revenue from the activity - cost of acquiring a customer from the activity = profitability . Depending on what internet marketing mediums work best, your company will increase ad spends in that medium.

For reference research reports, there are many available here, just run a search.