The Result and The Future Plans of Prestige

abhishreshthaa

From then on there’s been no looking back for the company. Today, TTK Prestige is working on a separate sub-brand to be sold exclusively through rural women. This will be at a much lower price point. As sales from the rural initiative are incremental, margins have been kept to a bare minimum. The product specs will not be comprised in any way. There will be some product differentiators to prevent the product from coming into the normal channel and affecting company realizations.

The assembly unit proposed to be set up will be for pressure cookers and gas stoves which can be sold in AP both in the regular channel and the ‘rural’ channel proposed to be established. The ‘polishing’ and ‘assembly’ part will be done in this plant. Both these operations are labour intensive. The department will provide the land and building and the company the machinery and expenditure. Employment will be provided to 75 women in the first phase.

In the ready-to-fry foods project a group of around 30 women will be formed in each district. Each member of this group will have to invest around Rs. 4,000. Besides, the groups would be licensed to use the Yummies brand name owned by TTK.

Pilot projects are underway in four districts – Chittoor, Anathapur, Kurnool and Nellore where the groups are being formed to generate the corpus.

The strategy had been so successful that the company intends to replicate this model in three other southern states i.e. TN, Karnataka and Kerala in the near future. This initiative shows how the corporate sector and the government can work hand in hand to bring about rural upliftment.

From then on there’s been no looking back for the company. Today, TTK Prestige is working on a separate sub-brand to be sold exclusively through rural women. This will be at a much lower price point. As sales from the rural initiative are incremental, margins have been kept to a bare minimum. The product specs will not be comprised in any way. There will be some product differentiators to prevent the product from coming into the normal channel and affecting company realizations.

The assembly unit proposed to be set up will be for pressure cookers and gas stoves which can be sold in AP both in the regular channel and the ‘rural’ channel proposed to be established. The ‘polishing’ and ‘assembly’ part will be done in this plant. Both these operations are labour intensive. The department will provide the land and building and the company the machinery and expenditure. Employment will be provided to 75 women in the first phase.

In the ready-to-fry foods project a group of around 30 women will be formed in each district. Each member of this group will have to invest around Rs. 4,000. Besides, the groups would be licensed to use the Yummies brand name owned by TTK.

Pilot projects are underway in four districts – Chittoor, Anathapur, Kurnool and Nellore where the groups are being formed to generate the corpus.

The strategy had been so successful that the company intends to replicate this model in three other southern states i.e. TN, Karnataka and Kerala in the near future. This initiative shows how the corporate sector and the government can work hand in hand to bring about rural upliftment.

Hey friend, i would like to tell you that you are doing very nice work and i really appreciate it. Well, i have also got some important information on The Result and The Future Plans of Prestige and would like to share it with you which would help many people here.

Attachments

• The Result and The Future Plans of Prestige.pdf
    286.3 KB · Views: 0