PRICING STRATEGIES IN RURAL MARKETING

abhishreshthaa

PRICING STRATEGIES:

Pricing strategies are linked to product strategies. The product packaging and presentation also keeps the price low to suit the rural consumer.

1. Low Cost/Cheap Products: This is a common strategy widely adopted by manufacturing and marketing concerns wherein the price can be kept low by low unit packing like paisa pack of tea, shampoo sachets, etc.

2. Refill Packs/Reusable Packaging: Health drinks available in the urban areas. The containers can be put to multipurpose uses, which can have a significant impact in the rural market. E.g. tea, coffee & many other consumer goods re available in refill or reusable packages.

3. Application of Value Engineering: In the food industry, Soya protein is being used instead of milk protein. The nutrition content of both being the same, Milk protein is expensive whereas Soya protein is cheaper. The basic aim being to reduce the value of the product so it becomes affordable to a larger segment, thus expanding its market.

PRICING STRATEGIES:

Pricing strategies are linked to product strategies. The product packaging and presentation also keeps the price low to suit the rural consumer.

1. Low Cost/Cheap Products: This is a common strategy widely adopted by manufacturing and marketing concerns wherein the price can be kept low by low unit packing like paisa pack of tea, shampoo sachets, etc.

2. Refill Packs/Reusable Packaging: Health drinks available in the urban areas. The containers can be put to multipurpose uses, which can have a significant impact in the rural market. E.g. tea, coffee & many other consumer goods re available in refill or reusable packages.

3. Application of Value Engineering: In the food industry, Soya protein is being used instead of milk protein. The nutrition content of both being the same, Milk protein is expensive whereas Soya protein is cheaper. The basic aim being to reduce the value of the product so it becomes affordable to a larger segment, thus expanding its market.

Hey friend, i would like to tell you that you are doing very nice work and i really appreciate it. Well, i have also got some important information on PRICING STRATEGIES IN RURAL MARKETING and would like to share it with you which would help many people here.

Attachments

• Rural Marketing.pdf
    82.7 KB · Views: 1