CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LEVELS OF PRODUCT

abhishreshthaa

Customer service can be thought of as something a firm provides to those who purchase its products or services. According to marketers there are three levels of product:

[1] The core benefit or service which constitutes what the buyer is really buying.

[2] The tangible product or the physical product or services itself, and

[3] The augmented product which includes benefits that are secondary to it but an internal enhancement to the tangible product the customer is purchasing.

In this context, logistical customer service can be thought of as a feature of the augmented product which adds value for the buyer. Some of the other features of augmented product are: installation, warranties, and after-sales-services.

A company could achieve competitive advantage by providing superior levels of logistical customer services. Thus a potential benefit exists in viewing customer services as a ‘product’ that may add significant value for a buyer.

Customer service is a concept whose importance reaches far beyond the logistics area.

Customer service frequently affects every area of the firm by attempting to ensure customer satisfaction through the provision of service to the customer.

Customer service can be thought of as something a firm provides to those who purchase its products or services. According to marketers there are three levels of product:

[1] The core benefit or service which constitutes what the buyer is really buying.

[2] The tangible product or the physical product or services itself, and

[3] The augmented product which includes benefits that are secondary to it but an internal enhancement to the tangible product the customer is purchasing.

In this context, logistical customer service can be thought of as a feature of the augmented product which adds value for the buyer. Some of the other features of augmented product are: installation, warranties, and after-sales-services.

A company could achieve competitive advantage by providing superior levels of logistical customer services. Thus a potential benefit exists in viewing customer services as a ‘product’ that may add significant value for a buyer.

Customer service is a concept whose importance reaches far beyond the logistics area.

Customer service frequently affects every area of the firm by attempting to ensure customer satisfaction through the provision of service to the customer.

Hey friend, i am really impressed by your effort and also thanks for sharing the information on CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LEVELS OF PRODUCT as i need it for my project. Well, i am also uploading a document where you would find some useful information.

Attachments

• CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LEVELS OF PRODUCT.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0