Freudian personality theory used in advertisements

nkp2k7

If you are even the most casual student of psychology, then you have probably spent a fair amount of time learning about Freudian theory.

Find three print advertisements based on Freudian personality theory. Discuss how Freudian concepts are used in these ads. Do any of the ads personify a brand? If so, how?

Last edited by a moderator:
Definition of Freudian theory

Psychoanalytic theory is the theory of personality organization and the dynamics of personality development that guides psychoanalysis, a clinical method for treating psychopathology. First laid out by Sigmund Freud in the late 19th century, psychoanalytic theory has undergone many refinements since his work.

Freudian's process of identification.

1. Primary identification

2. Narcissistic identification

3. Partial identification

If you are even the most casual student of psychology, then you have probably spent a fair amount of time learning about Freudian theory.

Find three print advertisements based on Freudian personality theory. Discuss how Freudian concepts are used in these ads. Do any of the ads personify a brand? If so, how?

Hey friend, i have got a document on Freudian personality theory used in advertisements and i would like to share it with you so that more and more people can take benefit from your thread. So please download and check my presentation and also let me know your feedback.

Attachments

• Freudian personality theory.pdf
    674.2 KB · Views: 17