MARKETING STRATEGY ADOPTED FOR SELLING DIFFERENT MOBILES

sonu2316

hey buddy the project was nice can you help me out for my project topic onMARKETING STRATEGY ADOPTED FOR SELLING DIFFERENT MOBILES

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I guess you mean marketing strategy of cellphone companies ?

Do a STPD and Marketing mix analysis for cellphone companies like nokia, samsung, apple iphone, micromax etc.

4p's of marketing analysis will show very diverse results for each brand.

If you wish to focus on one brand, I would suggest taking apple iphone as a case example and doing a PLC analysis as well.

arvindravikumar

I dont agree, apple uses pull :p

Marketing guru, care to explain it in cellphone context ;)

Most doesnt include All. Apple being and exception, blackberry to an extent... other players in India like Nokia, Sony Ericsson, and relatively new entrants like Micromax, and the like use what is known as a hybrid strategy.

It is a mix of both pull and push. Advertising creates awareness, and the sales promotion the urge to buy.

Hope things are clear.

arvindravikumar

That being said, there are cellphones (names not known) Chinese, korean, and what not... all these thrive in a grey market, purely out of a push strategy. Price is the only attracting factor. brand names are not known(awareness) at all

farhanak.manage

okay arvind, but its simple logic.

if product is high priced - pull strategy
if product is low priced - push strategy

How does it help Nitin in his research?

arvindravikumar

okay arvind, but its simple logic.

if product is high priced - pull strategy
if product is low priced - push strategy

How does it help Nitin in his research?

Not necessarily. Pull strategy is characterized by high spend on advertising(in all forms), while push strategy is characterized by vigorous use of supply chain, or sales force.

For example, ITC used Pull for the 'Wills cigarettes' it sells, the cigarette is priced at less than Rs.10 per unit. The brand is advertised using Wills Lifestyle apparels. Price is a different part of the package.

Since the topic of Nitin's research is very broad MARKETING STRATEGY ADOPTED FOR SELLING DIFFERENT MOBILES, The reply is also broad. This is just a common practice across different industries.

A narrow topic would have been dealt with using an accurate answer.

Hope this answers your "questions", which don't seem to be pointing towards Nitin's topic either.

farhanak.manage

Not necessarily. Pull strategy is characterized by high spend on advertising(in all forms), while push strategy is characterized by vigorous use of supply chain, or sales force.

For example, ITC used Pull for the 'Wills cigarettes' it sells, the cigarette is priced at less than Rs.10 per unit. The brand is advertised using Wills Lifestyle apparels. Price is a different part of the package.

Since the topic of Nitin's research is very broad MARKETING STRATEGY ADOPTED FOR SELLING DIFFERENT MOBILES, The reply is also broad. This is just a common practice across different industries.

A narrow topic would have been dealt with using an accurate answer.

Hope this answers your "questions", which don't seem to be pointing towards Nitin's topic either.

Wills lifestyle is a completely different product line. So how is it pull for cigarette? ITC is into foods as well. Do you suggest that also is a pull ?

I think nitin is silently enjoying the debate :p .. I know I havent contributed to his original question but since you are soo senior in marketing gyan, I was trying to understand your point of view.

arvindravikumar

Wills lifestyle is a completely different product line. So how is it pull for cigarette? ITC is into foods as well. Do you suggest that also is a pull ?

I think nitin is silently enjoying the debate :p .. I know I havent contributed to his original question but since you are soo senior in marketing gyan, I was trying to understand your point of view.

Yes you are right. Wills lifestyle is a different product line. But ITC uses 'umbrella branding' for Wills Brand. so even by advertising for apparels, it gains leverage for tobacco products(which it cannot advertise for)

Same practice is also followed by Kingfisher, which by advertising mineral water, is able to leverage business for its beer.

Such a process is called Surrogate Advertising

Read more here
What is ‘Surrogate Advertising’? | marketingfaq.net

The best part to understand marketing strategy is very simple. I would like to suggest you that understand the marketing strategy of various automobile industry. Well, it is highly competitive and you will understand the complete picture. Recently Romeo guila launched car which is nemesis of Audi, BMW, and Mercedes.