Pricing Methods with Examples

Neogal

i urgently need industry examples of pricing methods in Marketing.
eg:
Psychological Pricing: BATA since it prices it products close to the round figure i.e. 99 or 299.99, so as to play with the psyche of the consumer

i need examples for the following methods:

Bid Pricing
Cost Plus Pricing
Customary Pricing
Differential Pricing
Diversionary Pricing
Dumping Pricing
Experience Curve Pricing
Loss Leader Pricing
Market Pricing
Predatory Pricing
Prestige Pricing
Professional Pricing
Promotional Pricing
Single Price for all
Special Event Pricing
Target Pricing

even if you have examples for any 1 method also please do reply.. it would be of great help

ross18

MP Guru
Hey there,

Bid Pricing :-The stock exchanges use a system of bid and ask pricing to match buyers and sellers. The difference between the two prices is the bid/ask spread.

Cost-plus pricing: - It is a pricing method commonly used by firms. It is used primarily because it is easy to calculate and requires little information. There are several varieties, but the common thread in all of them is that you first calculate the cost of the product, then include an additional amount to represent profit. Cost-plus pricing is often used on government contracts, and has been criticized as promoting wasteful expenditures.

Customary pricing:- is where the product "traditionally" sells for a certain price. Candy bars of a certain weight all cost a predictable amount -- unless you purchase them in an airport shop.

Dumping Pricing:- The Best example here would be China Dumping the Electronic Goods in the Indian Market.

Experience curve pricing: -A pricing policy in which a company expands its market share by fixing a low price that high cost competitors cannot match. For Ex – Spykar Jeans.

Loss Leader Pricing :-The intent of this pricing strategy is to not only have the customer buy the (loss leader) sale item, but other products that are not discounted. For Eg Big Bazzar.

Prestige pricing:- Cheap products are not taken seriously by some buyers unless they are priced at a particular level. For example, you can sometimes find clothing of the same quality brand at Nordstrom as you do at the Men's Warehouse. But because it is priced higher, Nordstrom's clientele believes it to be of higher quality.

Professional pricing:- Pricing used by people who have great skill or experience in a particular field or activity. For Eg Corporate Professionals

Promotional pricing :- It is related to the short term promotion of a particular product. For Ex :- Pricing of a product during its Launch.

these are some of the pricing strategies that i found have passed it on..

Hope it is useful to you...

take care...

Neogal

hey ross,

thnx soooooo much...
the matter is indeed very useful... thnx once again for taking the pains to giv the examples...

neogal ;)

Thank you so much for relevant information: Pricing has been always the critical part to gauge. I would to share some methods related to promotion.

Promotional Techniques:-
1)Direct
2)Advertising
3)Public relation
4)Sales promotion
5)Direct marketing
6)Personal Sales
7) Internet promotion..

i urgently need industry examples of pricing methods in Marketing.
eg:
Psychological Pricing: BATA since it prices it products close to the round figure i.e. 99 or 299.99, so as to play with the psyche of the consumer

i need examples for the following methods:

Bid Pricing
Cost Plus Pricing
Customary Pricing
Differential Pricing
Diversionary Pricing
Dumping Pricing
Experience Curve Pricing
Loss Leader Pricing
Market Pricing
Predatory Pricing
Prestige Pricing
Professional Pricing
Promotional Pricing
Single Price for all
Special Event Pricing
Target Pricing

even if you have examples for any 1 method also please do reply.. it would be of great help

Hey friend, you suggested a very good topics and i would be very glad to add some information regarding that topics. Well, i have some document and would like to share which will help people to find more details on pricing methods.

Attachments

• Pricing Methods.pdf
    189.6 KB · Views: 6