unique selling point of different brands....

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
Every product or brand is advertised with its unique selling point...

The proposition must be one that the competition either cannot, or does not, offer. It must be unique—either a uniqueness of a brand.
The proposition must be so strong that it can move the mass millions, i.e., pull over new customers to your product.

each day lets discuss the USP of one brand....

Lets start with PARLE G.....

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
I think parle g main usp is obviously the low price...
it has maintained its pricing for almost 25 years now...

moreover it has positioned its biscuits like the nutrition provider at a low price...
which still make them the world leader...

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Some products have a legacy to them.. they were used by our grand parents and our parents and us and our kids will use it to.

Parle has a history of such products Glucon - D being one, Parle G being the other.

Its more of a legacy that still makes them sell, its distinctiveness is in its price and product unqiueness.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Some products have a legacy to them.. they were used by our grand parents and our parents and us and our kids will use it to.

Parle has a history of such products Glucon - D being one, Parle G being the other.

Its more of a legacy that still makes them sell, its distinctiveness is in its price and product unqiueness.

well rightly mentioned by kartik in the above....Parle-G among the most reputed brands in India.

the unique selling point is firstly the taste...bet any company can duplicate it firstly and then the price...It's a brand that has held its price line at Rs 4 for 25 years now.

But price is not its only USP.

What makes the Parle G brand popular is that it has been positioned on the health platform, is quite evident from the punchline : swadh bhare, shakti bhare.

venkatmannem

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think parle g main usp is obviously the low price...
it has maintained its pricing for almost 25 years now.but i also not acepts the price is not considered as USP

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
COCA COLA HAS HAVE HAD COMPETITION WITH PEPSI...AND IT HAS ALWAYS POSITIONED ITSELF TO BE A STRONGER DRINK AS COMPARED TO PEPSI..

MOREOVER COCA COLA ALSO POSITIONS ITSELF AS A FAMILY DRINK..MANY OF ITS ADVERTISEMENTS HAVE ALWAYS STRESSED ON THIS POINT..

I THINK THE USP THAT COCA COLA HAS TRIED TO MAINTAIN IS THAT OF BEING A FAMILY DRINK...

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
These 2 brands definitely do not have taste as the USP. Their USP is completely based on heavy advertising and brand communication to mass markets.

While coca cola had promoted itself as the official drink of the india cricket team during some world cup, pepsi came up with "nothing official about it".

I'm really unsure why people choose one over the other or why people switch from pepsi to coke or vice versa, its not about the taste for sure, but then what is it about ?

Is it just stronger brand recall or preference towards a the winner of an advertising war game?

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Moving on....What do you think is the USP of Dabur Chyanwanprash

The USP is its an Ayurvedic herbal remedy.

Chyanwanprash is one amongst the five master brands of Dabur. The umbrella Brand name makes it popular in the Chyanwanprash category. It has around 55%market share in the entire pie.

Also Amitabh bachan was brought on the board to rejuvenate Dabur chyanwanprash brand, consumers had largely developed a perception that chyanwanprash is to be consumed by aged consumers. As India is a young nation(around 60% of the population in the age bracket of 15-40 ) Dabur Chyanwanprash percieved threat of getting vanish from the market.

vikram chawla

Vikram Chawla
I think the main usp dabur chyawanprash tries to portray is of the natural ingredients in the mixture which has been made from the forestry herbs...earlier all advertisements of the chyawanprash use to be of a sage in meditation ..which was done to make a perception that the product has been made after a long research of forestry medicines..

so i think the main usp lies in the ingredients...

archana agarwal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think the USP of Big Bazaar is it low prices, everyday introducing new schemes and offers and lucky draws And Ya also Its A One Shop Destination where you can find all products of all varieties...

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
the big usp of Big Bazaar is...firstly its low prices...and big bazaar is completely in sync with the Indian Consumers mentality..the big bazaar concept is completely trusted by the consumers...and this is the biggest advantage of Big Bazaar.

their target audiences are mostly the middle income families..who wishes for lower prices, discounts...wants value for money...and this forms the major chunk of the total population in India....and hence they are successful

But with more players flocking the organised retail sector...some pose serious chalenges to Big Bazaar...so yes they are geting more innovative in terms of occupying space in consumers mind...quite evidents from the changes hapening at Big Bazaars.

archana agarwal

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I also feel the same, The main USP of "Fast tract watches" is their design and its rough and tough body.... Which does not get break up easily...