Celebrity Endorsements

Ankit Biyani

hey guys... plz help me on celebrity endorsements topic... this is my 100 markes TY project... if any one has any project related to it or a project on celebrity endorsements... plz do a favour to attach it here... i wil be of gr8 help... also if anyone has any info on it... then too plz send it... ur sincere efforts can be of gr8 help to sumone...

roshcrazy

MP Guru
hey even i got a proj. on this topic...i got to conduct a survey too..sample size:25-50[survey reg. wht effect does celebrity endorsement hv on the consumer...and sales of products..]if any1 gets more info kindly put up here n yeah rukhsana thnx a lot..for d info uve uploaded...:smile:

POOJA23

hey even i got a proj. on this topic...i got to conduct a survey too..sample size:25-50[survey reg. wht effect does celebrity endorsement hv on the consumer...and sales of products..]if any1 gets more info kindly put up here n yeah rukhsana thnx a lot..for d info uve uploaded...:smile:

have just uploaded one of da projet prepared by me 4 celebrity endorsment
c if itz usefull to u...

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15373

dats da link......

roshcrazy

MP Guru
ya i tried agn..dwnloaded it too..sorry maybe sumthng wrong wid my pc itself..d info. was helpful..thnx a lot..:smile:

pratikbharti

MP Guru
you can take the example of the celebrity endorsements done for wrist watch companies.... there was an article in brand equity of economic times dated 26th june or so in the same week...

ankitgokani

MP Guru
What are the benefits of representing India in the national cricket team? It is an opportunity to compete with the best in the world and pitch one's talent against the best.

It is an opportunity to travel around the world. It is an opportunity to uphold national pride. And make good money from every match played.

Slide Show: Sportsmen and Big Bucks
Slide Show: Celebrity Endorsements

But there is more -- a ticket to modelling in the advertising world (and a future perhaps in Bollywood). Not surprisingly it's a very attractive profession.

As advertisers pour crores of rupees every year into celebrity advertising, the question arises… is it worth all the money and the headaches of coordinating stars and managing their tantrums.

Think of Sachin Tendulkar. He means Pepsi in soft drinks, Boost in malted beverages, MRF in tyres, Fiat Palio in cars, TVS Victor in two-wheelers, Colgate Total in toothpastes, Britannia in biscuits, Visa in credit cards, Airtel in mobile services and Band-aid.

Clearly, an overload of brands and categories associated with one star.

Does it actually help each of the brands? Does the consumer think in categories and slot brands accordingly or is it one big maze of brands and saliency is dependent on 'recency.'

Interestingly, while celebrity advertising is big, few agencies actually present celebrity advertising as a solution to client problems.

In the advertising world, celebrity advertising is seen as a substitute for 'absence of ideas' -- and actually frowned upon. Yet it appears again and again.

The reasons are quite insightful.

A client hits upon celebrity as a solution when his agency is unable to present to him a viable, exciting solution for his communication/marketing problem. He then feels that the presence of a well-known face is an easy way out.

A client looks at a celebrity solution, sometimes, to follow competition. When attacked with a celebrity, a quick response is to get another one to combat. The result is often, at best, achieving parity.

A third, and often unfortunate, reason for celebrities is a client's desire to rub shoulders with the glitterati. And signing a celebrity is a passport to that. Most frequently, celebrities are given as 'fate accompli' to the agency. And scripts are written around them.

well go here a lot of data

http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/dec/05guest.html

Do celebrity endorsements help sell products?-Editorial-Opinion-The Times of India

shailendra pal

hey guys... plz help me on celebrity endorsements topic... this is my 100 markes TY project... if any one has any project related to it or a project on celebrity endorsements... plz do a favour to attach it here... i wil be of gr8 help... also if anyone has any info on it... then too plz send it... ur sincere efforts can be of gr8 help to sumone...

please help me please help me please help me please help me