WHO WILL BE WINNING THE WORLD CUP SOCCER 2006

wHO WILL win THE WORLD CUP 2006 SOCCER IN GERMANY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A.J.

Maverick
bhavin_3 said:
WT say Englands Fans wer r Ya...!! WHo all are on England's side..!!

England probably won't have a fully fit Rooney, and Beckham can't play for his life.

So their chances are very slim if you ask me :aj:

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
england still have 5 starred players in the form of sol campbell, rio ferdinand, john terry, ashley cole(dbtful) . steven gerrard , frank lampard, michael owen, shuan wright phillips, joe cole and beckham

and brazil u talking abt. they do not have a well managed defense. although they have excellent attackers in ronaldinho, ronaldo, adriano, robinho, julio baptista, kaka, and ze roberto.

what makes england better than brazil is their understanding among themselves. brazil were a very weak team during qualifiers compared to previous years. MR. Ronaldo is still injured.

A.J.

Maverick
themaharana said:
england still have 5 starred players in the form of sol campbell, rio ferdinand, john terry, ashley cole(dbtful) . steven gerrard , frank lampard, michael owen, shuan wright phillips, joe cole and beckham

I'll give you Ferdinand, Terry and Lampard as class players.

As for the rest, let's see;
Cole - In p1ss poor form.
Shaun Wright Phillips - Not selected to the best of my knowledge.
Joe Cole - Might be asked to play in unfamiliar positions.
Michael Owen - Never rated him to be honest.
Beckham - Overhyped, overpaid piece of trash.

themaharana said:
and brazil u talking abt. they do not have a well managed defense. although they have excellent attackers in ronaldinho, ronaldo, adriano, robinho, julio baptista, kaka, and ze roberto.

Agreed, Brazil doesn't have a great defense. But then again, I can't remember a time when they had one. Doesn't stop them from winning though. :aj:

themaharana said:
what makes england better than brazil is their understanding among themselves. brazil were a very weak team during qualifiers compared to previous years. MR. Ronaldo is still injured.

Qualifiers mean jack. :aj:
During the last campaign, Brazil sucked lemons during the qualifiers.
Come WC time, they wiped the floor with everyone (including England).

As far as Ronaldo is concerned; well, I'm not too concerned. Brazil are still formidable, even without him. :aj:

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
""""
As for the rest, let's see;
Cole - In p1ss poor form.
Shaun Wright Phillips - Not selected to the best of my knowledge.
Joe Cole - Might be asked to play in unfamiliar positions.
Michael Owen - Never rated him to be honest.
Beckham - Overhyped, overpaid piece of trash.""""

this is all stupid. ashley cole is still the second best full back after carlos. and his poor form is not a worry coz when he wears the english jersey, he has never let england down.

secondly, wright phillips is EPL'S one of the most consistent right wingers. he has speed and excellent crossing tachnique. he is as far as i heard in the squad.

joe cole will be playing the left midfield position. if rooney fails 2 recover on time. if he does, he might be a very good super sub.

Michael owen is called the goal machine of england. agreed he had been out for four months due 2 injury, but yet yesterday in an interview to sky sports, he clearly said that he is better and ready 2 score.

beckham u say is overhyped, overpaid piece of trash. it seems that u have lost it or do not have good soccer knowledge. he is one of the most respected players in the history of the game. he is an inspirational captain. watch real madrid matches. he is the best free kick taker. he has led england 2 many sweet victories.

oops! how can u forget gerrard. he is also a 5 star class player compared 2 the greats.

brazilian defense suck. while return of rio ferdinand into england squad means it would be tough for any opponent to score against the duo of terry and ferdinand.

though england were similar 2 brazil and lacked game win ratio, what makes them a good team is a perfect blend of midfield and defense along with theo walcott. something u never heard about him is that he is of the same speed as that of rooney. he has been training along with thierry henry(EPL's best player), dennis bergkamp, fredrick ljungberg and jens lehmann( the goalie who saved arsenal from champions league exit and whose saves made them thru the finals)(also the no.1 this year for germany ahead of oliver Kahn)

"he could well be the ace in the pack" says steven gerrard

“Having played with him at Southampton, albeit only for a couple of months, I know what a special talent he is… He can beat players, he’s frighteningly quick and I think when people see him play they will be excited… He’s done exceptionally well to get his move to Arsenal and obviously the manager thinks he is ready for the World Cup stage and I would not put it past him to grace that stage. I certainly wasn’t ready at that age and so it’s a credit to him that he has managed to get into the squad.” peter crouch on theo walcott.

get more at" http://www.theo-walcott.org.uk/ "

the way ronaldo is to brazil, it is the same to ronney and england.

and u say brazil wiped out everyone. do not forget that history does not repeat itself everytime. brazil lost terribly at 1998 finals. hhaaha. it was the emergence of zidane. similarly with ronney missing, i also hope, theo can be the next henry for arsenal by stopping the south american champs.

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
theo walcott site maybe an offline site. but still search in google abt him and u ll see many stars praising and believeing that he can well be the next wayne rooney

A.J.

Maverick
Dude...........time for a reality check. :aj:

I categorically state that I'm not saying that Brazil are going to win for sure......however, they have a much higher chance than the English.

Let us analyze your statements one by one:
themaharana said:
this is all stupid. ashley cole is still the second best full back after carlos. and his poor form is not a worry coz when he wears the english jersey, he has never let england down.

How does pointing out the fact that Cole's been having a poor run make me stupid??
Or do you lack faith in your own arguments, and insecurity drives you to resort to personal insults?

themaharana said:
secondly, wright phillips is EPL'S one of the most consistent right wingers. he has speed and excellent crossing tachnique. he is as far as i heard in the squad.

Wright Phillips has not been selected. Just as I suspected.

themaharana said:
joe cole will be playing the left midfield position. if rooney fails 2 recover on time. if he does, he might be a very good super sub.

Joe Cole's a good player, no doubt.
But he's never played as an all out striker to the best of my knowledge. Who knows how he might fare in that position?

themaharana said:
Michael owen is called the goal machine of england. agreed he had been out for four months due 2 injury, but yet yesterday in an interview to sky sports, he clearly said that he is better and ready 2 score.

Owen's never done anything worth noting for England in the WC.
He's shown a few glimpses of brilliance here and there, but he lacks consistency.
And I don't give a jack about his comments on his form. Were you expecting him to say that he won't be ready to score?? :aj1:

themaharana said:
beckham u say is overhyped, overpaid piece of trash.

Yes he is. I stand by what i said. :aj:

themaharana said:
it seems that u have lost it or do not have good soccer knowledge. he is one of the most respected players in the history of the game. he is an inspirational captain. watch real madrid matches. he is the best free kick taker. he has led england 2 many sweet victories.

Real Madrid??? :aj1:
Dude, why are you digging your own grave?????
Check Real Madrid's form after David "I can't play" Beckham joined them. They haven't won jack!!
As far as captaincy is concerned; John Terry or Lampard or Gerrard would've been a far better choice than Beckham.
The only thing worth noting which Beckham's done in a WC was to get himself red-carded against Argentina during the 1998 edition.

themaharana said:
oops! how can u forget gerrard. he is also a 5 star class player compared 2 the greats.
brazilian defense suck. while return of rio ferdinand into england squad means it would be tough for any opponent to score against the duo of terry and ferdinand.

This way, I can list down each and every single player of the Brazilian team...
And yes, the defense is weak. But the attacking flair more than makes up for it.
And the English have seemingly lost all hope of winning after Rooney got injured. Theo Walcott?? Untested......we'll have to see.

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
beckham was red carded in 1998 edition. it doesnt mean every time he will be red carded. check out the stats of david beckham as a player and a captain.
england's win ratio is better with him as captain. u think that gerrard and terry aould make better captains. it doesnt matter what u think. the only thing that matters is england wanna win. walcott may be untested, but i have seen some videos of theo walcott. he runs like henry. his only weakness is his left leg shooting. rooney agreed is a big blow, but is ex[pected 2 return on 9th june (exactly 6 weeks of injury) but u never know, his injury mayb more critical. so even we can have rooney in latter stages.brazil may be a good team, but england , they are equipped with better players and a miracle may help them rooney ohn time and then they go on 2 win the cup. david beckham and real madrid form still is better. this is seen as though they lost the la liga, they quailfy for europe. and by the way they were very less points down to the CATALANS. one more news i heard yesterday. joe cole mite take the position of the striker in rooney's absense. he has done better this season for chelsea and is in sperb form.

about owen, u say he lacks consistency. it wasnt inconsistency. he played very few matches for madrid. and newcastle coz he was injured last decmber.
now if u have stats of owen, u ll see michael owen as the leading goalscorer for liverpool for 3 years from 2001 b4 transfering to madrid. i dun have his madrid and newcastle stats. but what i wanna say is that an inconsistent player cannot be top goalscorer and michael owen is definately a topscorer.thats y he is called the goal machine . he had a record of 28 premiership goals in a season.

Never argue with an idiot.........they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!!

that is why i m no more arguing with you

A.J.

Maverick
I see that you've avoided a point-by-point response which I gave, and tried to go off on another track.

Nice try; now try replying point-wise to what I said.
And try to be a bit more intelligible (can't ask you to be sensible; that's apparently beyond your mental capabilities :aj1: ). :aj:

lion

hey all u football fans cn u plz answer i confusion i m havin. mst of da football crazy people i knw say beckham does nt knw hw 2 play. thn cn plz tel why is he so highly paid and so muc hyped?

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Never argue with an idiot.........they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!!

so no more arguements with u

A.J.

Maverick
themaharana said:

so no more arguements with u

Blah Blah Blah! :aj:

Atleast you've got enough intelligence to plainly copy-paste my sig. Otherwise we'll be seeing more spelling mistakes in that too. "Argueing", anyone??? :aj1:

As far as arguing is concerned; that's too much to ask from you I guess. :aj1: :aj:

A.J.

Maverick
lion said:
hey all u football fans cn u plz answer i confusion i m havin. mst of da football crazy people i knw say beckham does nt knw hw 2 play. thn cn plz tel why is he so highly paid and so muc hyped?

I'll tell you why. :aj:

The hype around Beckham is a result of the frenzy whipped up by the British Press, who treat him like he's the second coming.

That guy is one of the most marketable faces in the world; hence the astronomical salary he receives.

Helps sell some merchandise to morons like someone on this thread! :aj1: :aj:

Nitin1987

Guys,

Brazil coach has already decided his line-up for their opening match
Strikers - Ronaldo and Adriano
Attacking midfield - Ronaldinho and Kaka
Def. Midfielf/ Cent. Midfield - Ze Roberto & emerson
Defence - Not worth caring but roberto carlos, cafu - central defense i forgot

If u notice then - the topline - offence have all had great seasons - they are all class players - playmakers of the highest order - england lacks that - have only got lampard and at the most joe cole - i m certain they will make joe cole play an attacking midfielder.

Plus - having rio ferdinand, sol campbell and John terry means - one of them has to sit - bcoz ericksson prefers a 4 defence and non of them due to experience and playing in the same position for years be able to adjust so quickly.

Gerrard can become an excellent playmaker and by far is the reason - the backbone of liverpool.

themaharana - dude i know u are an England fan but as i hav said b4 - its not the players alone that make winners - its the TACTICS, STRATEGIES and DECISION MAKING of the manager that makes a defining impact.

My best example is GREECE - Euro 2004 winners.

A.J.

Maverick
Nitin1987 said:
Guys,

Brazil coach has already decided his line-up for their opening match
Strikers - Ronaldo and Adriano
Attacking midfield - Ronaldinho and Kaka
Def. Midfielf/ Cent. Midfield - Ze Roberto & emerson
Defence - Not worth caring but roberto carlos, cafu - central defense i forgot

If u notice then - the topline - offence have all had great seasons - they are all class players - playmakers of the highest order - england lacks that - have only got lampard and at the most joe cole - i m certain they will make joe cole play an attacking midfielder.

Plus - having rio ferdinand, sol campbell and John terry means - one of them has to sit - bcoz ericksson prefers a 4 defence and non of them due to experience and playing in the same position for years be able to adjust so quickly.

Gerrard can become an excellent playmaker and by far is the reason - the backbone of liverpool.

themaharana - dude i know u are an England fan but as i hav said b4 - its not the players alone that make winners - its the TACTICS, STRATEGIES and DECISION MAKING of the manager that makes a defining impact.

My best example is GREECE - Euro 2004 winners.

Good post. :aj:

Though I'm sure nothing got through the thick skull of someone here :aj1: :aj:

themaharana

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey nitin. u said that all topline players had great seasons.
check out the stats. adriano has his worst season.
ronaldo also had similar problems. he was rested for most of the 2nd part of the season. he was injured from last 2 months. good news for brazil is that he is fully fit and have resumed training.

ronaldinho and kaka have inspired their club fans 2 crucial wins this season. no dbt over it.

now as far as playmakers are concerned, brazil have many.

but england also have in them enuf 2 lift the WC.(gerrard's 3 goals inspired liverpool lift FA CUP)

gerrard forms the backbone of liverpool, so does lampard for chelsea. one good news is that beckham has played better in centre midfield for real madrid. so the team can think for a 4-5-1 strategy which they also employed for their qualifying stage matches against poland and austria.

NOW ENGLAND AS NITIN SAID will play any 2 of rio, terry, and sol. this inclusion of these 3 is a happy problem for england. but with good form, rio and terry will make to the final 11. gary neville is good enuf 2 manage the RB position. if there is a match between england and brasil, it would be the most entertaining match in this edition of the WC.