Height- 1.67 m
Weight- 54 kgs
Profession- Tennis player
Education- Nasr School
Family-* Father: Imran Mirza
* Mother: Nasima
* Sister: Anam
Started playing- at the age of 6
Plays Right Handed- (Double Handed Backhand)
Coach- Krishna Bhupathi
Physiotherapist- Mr Badrinath
First ITF junior event abroad- Lahore, Pakistan
Has visited- 35 countries
Favourite tennis player- Steffi Graf
Career Highs- Career-High Singles- No. 97 (feb 28, 2005)
Career-High Doubles : No. 166 (October 25, 2004)
Education- 10th standard (SSC) in the first division with 63 per cent marks.
Likes to stay at home, just watch a movie and surf the Net.
Dislikes- Apple and bananas
Personal Favourites- * Food: briyani
* Actor: Akshay Kumar
* Actress: Raveena Tandon
* Songs: rap and Hindi
* Dress: Salwars, Jeans
* Colours: black,red and blue
Would like to see the movie- Black
Prefers- Advantage India to advantage Sania
Strengths- Ground strokes
Needs to improve- Her fitness
Tennis accessories * Racquet: Head
* Clothing: adidas
* Shoes: adidas
Sponsoring Companies- GVK group and Adidas who picked her when she was only 12.
Current Endorsement deal GVK Industries, Sahara, Atlas Cycles, Tata Tea and Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh
Daily Routine- Three hours of physical fitness training, in a day which includes all kinds of training, gym 3-4 times a week, some speed work, endurance and agility.
As a junior- The US Open 2003 is her last Grand Slam as a junior after which she will be playing in the seniors.
Her grandfather- Muhammad Zafar Mirza, played university-level cricket. He also played club cricket for Middlesex in England. But his first love was hockey.
Titles won- Feb 2005 Won Hyderabad Open WTA
Oct 30, 2003 won gold in afro-asian games at Hyderabad
Jun 2003 G18 Doubles Champion (with Alisa Kleybanova RUS), The Junior Championships, Wimbledon, London, GBR, ITF GA
Jun 2003 Doubles Winner (with Sanaa Bhambri IND), 11th Frankfurt Int'l, Germany
Apr 2003 Doubles Winner (with Sanaa Bhambri IND), Shuzo Challenge Japan Open, Nagoya, JPN, ITF G1
Apr 2003 G18 Singles Winner, 14th Mitsubishi Lancer, Manila, Philippines
Dec 2002 Singles Winner & Doubles Finalist (with Isha Lakhani IND), Asian Closed Junior Tennis Championships
Aug 2002 Singles Winner & Doubles Winner (with Tarryn Terblanche RSA), South/Central Africa Circuit, Botswana
Jul 2002 Singles Winner & Doubles Winner (with Isha Lakhani IND), Pretoria University
Jul 2002 Doubles Winner (with Isha Lakhani IND), PIC Pretoria
Jan 2002 Doubles Winner (with Linda Smolenakova SVK) & Singles Qtrfinalist, Victorian Champs., Australia
Jul 2001 Singles & Doubles Winner (with Sasha Abraham IND), Movenpick Int'l
Feb 2001 Singles Winner & Doubles Quarterfinalist (with Sasha Abraham IND), Bangladesh
Feb 2001 Singles Winner & Doubles Finalist (with May Rosa INA), India ITF Junior Circuit III - Calcutta
Jan 2001 Doubles Winner (with Sasha Abraham IND) & Singles Quarterfinalist, Indian ITF Junior I - New Delhi
Oct 2000 Singles & Doubles Winner (with Zahra Omer Khan PAK), Pakistan Int'l Junior Championships
Sep 2000 Singles Winner & Doubles Semifinalist (with Reddhina Parekh IND), Indian ITF - Mumbai
Nov 1999 Doubles Winner (with Nida Waseem PAK) & Singles Finalist, Pakistan Int'l

Facts- The first woman from India to capture a WTA Tour title, when she paired with Lizel Huber of South Africa to win the Hyderabad Open doubles title.
Became the first-ever Indian girl to have won a Grand Slam title when she triumphed in the girls' doubles event at Wimbledon partnering Alisa Kleybanova of Russia.
Former Health Minister Sushma Swaraj handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh when she won the Wimbledon junior girls' doubles title, and projected her as the brand ambassador of the Family Welfare Department.
Her dad Imran Mirza and mom Nasima were watching a Steffi Graf and Conchita Martinez battle, when they decided to make their daughter a Tennis star.
Annually Sania requires 40 lakhs for her expenses and Andhra Pradesh government is trying their level best to see that the lady scales height.
Former Chief Minister, Chandrababu Naidu, announced that the Grand Slam title winner would be presented a house site and a cash incentive of Rs 10 lakhs in recognition of her brilliant performance in the Wimbledon.

Prize money- $140,000 WTA Hyderabad Open
Plans after Tennis- Interior Decoration or start a tennis academy
Credits her success- Parents, coaches and God.
Mental strength- Prays five times a day and says that is as good as meditation.
Security- Two armed police guards will shadow Sania wherever she goes in the state.
About her- Her coach: "Sania has the right material to reach the very top"
Leander Paes:"I personally feel that she is one of the frontrunners of Indian sports"
Mahesh Bhupathi:"She's on a roll and it's obviously not going to last forever. But she deserves it all."
Dream man- "I think he needs to understand me and he needs to be a nice person and not have any ego hassles. I need a guy who understands me."
Aim- To be a top 50 tennis woman professional player and stay there for 3-4 years
Quote- "Do not worry about winning or losing. Work hard and you will be successful.”

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hey der vengabeats u have put these on the wrong section.. These section is for bio-data for applyin jobs or can post in vacancies.. U could put dis bio on miscellanous or chit-chat section...

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
admin shift this to chit chat ...the info is quite good plz do not delete it.............

vishal1986

sorry guys...it was me who askd him 2 post it here...i thouhgt its actual bio data n not tp stuff also...newayz..kartik plz shift it to misc readin section...

bluesnsar

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I thought sania is hyderabadi ....she gives impression of being little moody. i think she should start smiling after reading her portfolio cuz i think she has made enough fortune..i am sania did worked really hard ..i even heard from my uncle that she is not rich by roots.

Last edited:
Hey. that's wonderful info. , vengabeats !!!
i'm very much big fan of sania mirza.
she is very inspirational person to all the young bloods.
u gav us valuable info.
thanx very very much.
keep posting!

gaurav200x

Gaurav Mittal
Quite useful info... but i think, instead of the laughter section, it is better to shift it to College talks!

milind20

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I thnk something very usefull is missing frm this bio-data man....

Her Pic !!!! :wink: :cool: :smile:

milind20 said:
I thnk something very usefull is missing frm this bio-data man....

Her Pic !!!! :wink: :cool: :smile:

i'm the gr8 fan of sania mirza

THus, i hav a lot of her pics . If u r fan too, then join the group in yahoogroups-
sania_mirza_fan_club
There u can view her sweet, beautiful, smart, cute, mind-blowing photos, on-the court and off-the court .
keep posting
fine, bye.

Attachments

• sania-mirza-220.jpg
    sania-mirza-220.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3
  • sania-mirza-236.jpg
    sania-mirza-236.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
  • sania-mirza-244.jpg
    sania-mirza-244.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3