Funny Fact of the day

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its time to have some fun and to know about interesting and funny facts.

After all, sharing is caring :)

Did you know?

• When glass breaks, the cracks move at speeds of up to 3,000 miles per hour.
  • A new baby usually deprives each of it's parents around 350-400 hours of sleep in the first year. That is one entire nights sleep per week, per parent.
  • You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
  • There are 170,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ways to play the ten opening moves in a game of chess.

I'll update this thread daily and whenever I get to know something interesting.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
  • It takes 492 seconds for sunlight to reach the Earth!
  • While it took the radio 38 years, and the television a short 13 years, it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
  • On eBay, there are an average of $680 worth of transactions each second.
  • The world's first computer, called the Z1, was invented by Konrad Zuse in 1936. His next invention, the Z2 was finished in 1939 and was the first fully functioning electro-mechanical computer.
  • The first domain name ever registered was Symbolics.com.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Sometimes it need not be funny at all.

Google Quantum Algorithm :

-Several reports suggest that in the past three years Google has developed a quantum algorithm that is capable of automatically recognizing and sorting objects from videos or still images. This has been achieved by using physics that exists at the subatomic level. Several research teams have been working on the development of quantum processors that can store data as quantum bits.

This shouldn't be new if you have seen the movie "Social Network"

-Facebook was originally named TheFaceBook and it was developed by Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg. The first use of the FaceBook was on the Harvard campus and it was limited only to Harvard students. Soon the FaceBook spread like wild fire around the other major U.S. Universities. Mark Zuckerberg dropped the Harvard and pursued his facebook dream to become one of the 4th most-trafficked websites.

-The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

-Yahoo the complex internet organism has complicated name. Word "Yahoo" is shortcut for "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle". It was coined by PhD candidates at Stanford University

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
  • President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader!
  • The U.S. Government spent $277,000 on pickle research in 1993.
  • One in three snake bite victims is drunk. One in five is tatooed.
  • Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
  • In 1895 Hampshire police handed out the first ever speeding ticket, fining a man for doing 6mph!

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hilarious but useless facts...

1. Coca-Cola would be green if coloring weren’t added to it.

2. Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.

3. What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.

4. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.

5. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

6. Slugs have 4 noses.

7. Some worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food!

8. Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

9. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

10. Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only ONE testicle.

11. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

12. A kiss lasting one minute can burn more than 30 calories.

13. The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

14. A snail can sleep for 3 years.

15. Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of the blue whale.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
  1. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
  2. Bone is five times stronger than steel.

3. Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned His wife or mother because they were both deaf.
  4. Tiger shark embroyos fight each other in their mother's womb. The survivor is born.

5. Bamboo can grow up to 3 ft in 24 hours.
  6. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
  7. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
  8. Longest officially recognized place name is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, has 85 letters. It's the name for a hill, 305 metres (1,000 ft) high, close to Porangahau, New Zealand.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
  • "Bookkeeper" is the only word in English language with three consecutive Double letters.
  • You grow by about 8mm (O.3in) every night when you are asleep, but shrink to your former height the following day.
  • American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
  • Sharks can live up to 100 years.
  • A normal person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a Few weeks.
  • About 75 acres of pizza are eaten in in the U.S. Everyday.
  • 250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
  • 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
>> 24%u0025 of New Zealand families have only one parent.
>> Over 40% of Maori children live in one-parent families.
>> 17% of NZ European children live in one-parent families.
>> 26% of children in both the US and UK live in one-parent families.
>> 14% of children in Germany live in one-parent families.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
How many litters does a female Armadillo produce each year?
-1 litter
-2 litters
-3 litters

ANSWER: The female produces only one litter each year in March or April, after a 150-day gestation period. The litter always consists of quadruplets of the same sex, as they are derived from a single egg.

How much neurotoxin does each poison dart frog produce?
-Enough to kill 1 human
-Enough to kill 4 humans
-Enough to kill 10 humans

ANSWER: These pint sized frogs aren't for kissing. Their backs ooze a slimy neurotoxin that is meant to keep predators away. Each frog produces enough of the toxin to kill 10 humans. See more amazing information on Live Science's "Top 10 Deadliest Animals" in our "Animal Facts" section on this website.

Hummingbirds are the smallest birds - so tiny that one of their enemies is an insect, the praying mantis. The hummingbird is the only bird that can hover and fly straight up, down, or backward - and it is one of the only birds that cannot walk!
In captivity, pigeons commonly live up to 15 years and sometimes longer. In urban populations, however, pigeons seldom live more than 3 or 4 years. Natural mortality factors, such as predation by mammals and other birds, diseases, and stress due to lack of food and water, reduce pigeon populations by approximately 30%u0025 annually.

Not every elephant is as friendly as Dumbo. Elephants kill more than 500 people a year worldwide. African elephants generally weigh in around 16,000 pounds - all the better to stomp you with - not to mention their sharp tusks.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Spiders never get caught in their own webs because:
-they're extremely brainy bugs
-they have oily legs
-they have glassy feet that won't stick to the webbing
ANSWER: Spiders have self-oiling legs

Stray animals are getting into your garbage and making a mess. Should you:
-search the Internet for trash guard dogs
-organize a neighborhood stray animal hunting club
-spray a little vinegar on your trash bags and cans

ANSWER: Tightwad Living magazine says the vinegar will make your garbage much less desirable.
Critter Control recommends ammonia as well.

The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.

The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world - fifteen inches in diameter - the size of a basketball.

The word rodent comes from the Latin word `rodere' meaning to gnaw.

The world's smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat of Thailand, weighing less than a penny.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
  • "Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel.
  • In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
  • A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off!
  • Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
  • You can't kill yourself by holding your breath
  • There is a city called Rome on every continent.
  • It's against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland!
  • Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day!
  • Horatio Nelson, one of England's most illustrious admirals was throughout his life, never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
  • The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham is present at all important meetings of the University of London
  • Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
  • Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, everytime you breathe!
  • The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump!
  • One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet!
  • Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different!
  • The first known transfusion of blood was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man
  • Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
  • Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
  • The present population of 5 billion plus people of the world is predicted to become 15 billion by 2080.
  • Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
  • Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only ONE testicle.
  • Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
  • Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
  • Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.
  • On average a hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Microsoft Softie!

The average Microsoft employee, or “Softie” as they call themselves, is a 38-year-old male with the average salary for a developer coming in at $106,000.

Microsoft currently employs 88,180 people who work across 32,404,796 square feet of Microsoft’s premises, over 50,000 of which are U.S.-based. The male to female ratio is very high among Microsoft’s American employees with a staggering 76% male workforce.

drnaga

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
  • Guys don’t actually look after good-looking girls. they prefer neat and presentable girls.
  • Guys hate other flirts.
  • A guy can like you for a minute, and then forget you afterwards.
  • When a guy says he doesn’t understand you, it simply means you’re not thinking the way he is.
  • Are you doing something?” or “Have you eaten already?” are the first usual questions a guy asks on the phone just to get out from stammering.
  • Guys may be flirting around all day but before they go to sleep, they always think about the girl they truly care about.
  • When a guy really likes you, he’ll disregard all your bad characteristics.
  • Guys go crazy over a girl’s smile.
  • Guys will do anything just to get the girl’s attention.
  • Guys hate it when you talk about your ex-boyfriend.