Discuss Government Jobs in Planning Commission within the JOB OFFERS , Recruitments , Placements !! forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; ...
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Government Jobs in Planning Commission
Government Jobs in Planning Commission - October 19th, 2011
Government Jobs in Planning Commission
The planning Commission of Government of India was established by a resolution of Indian Government in the year 1950 on the month of March in pursuance of declared objectives of the Government. It was established for promotion of rapid improvement of Standard of Living of the people by offering opportunities to all for employment in the service of the community, increasing production and by efficient exploitation of the resources of the nation.
The commission was charged with the formulation of plans for the balanced and effective utilization of resources and determining priorities. The first chairman of the planning commission was Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
History of Planning Commission:
The first five-year plan was launched in the year 1951 and two successive five-year plans were formulated till the year 1965. The process of planning of the commission was interrupted by two successive years of erosion of resources, general rise in prices, devaluation of the currency and drought. Then the fourth-five year plan began in the year 1969. Accordingly, the eight five year plan must have been drafted by the planning commission in the year 1990, however this could not be done due to the fast changing political situation at the centre during this period and therefore, for the years 1990-91 and 91-92, annual plans were drafted. Then, the eight five-year plant was launched in the year 1992 after the formulation of structural adjustment policies.
Focus of the five-year plans formulated by planning commission:
For the first eight plans, the focus of the planning commission was on the growing public sector with huge investments in heavy and basic industries. However, after the launch of Ninth plan in 1997, the focus on public sector development was deviated and in general, the thinking of planning commission was that it should increasingly be of an indicative nature.
Recent government job notifications issued by Planning Commission:
• Consultant (Infrastructure Division) – Planning Commission
• Joint Adviser (Agriculture) - Planning Commission
• Consultant (Mineral Division) - Planning Commission
• Research Assistant for the office of Advisor of PM - Planning Commission
• Adviser (Agriculture) - Planning Commission
• Director General (Independent Evaluation Office) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Social Planning) - Planning Commission
• Joint Advisor (Environment & Forest) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Irrigation) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Monitoring Power) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Scientific Research) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Minerals) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Chemical) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Engineering) - Planning Commission
• Deputy Advisor (Monitoring Agriculture) - Planning Commission
• Assistant Director General - Planning Commission, Bangalore
• Artists on deputation basis – Planning Commission
Educational qualification needed for finding jobs in planning commission:
No specific educational qualification can be specified for finding jobs in planning commission since candidates from different educational background are recruited for different positions in the planning commission. Therefore, the educational qualification requirement purely depends on the position for which applications are invited. However, minimum educational qualification requirement would be graduation in any discipline.
Job prospects in planning commission:
In addition to the central planning commission, each of the state in India has their own planning commissions and these commissions also offer wide range of employment opportunities to eligible candidates. As from the aforesaid recent job notifications, it is pretty clear that deputy advisor is a position frequently called by planning commission and for this position in most of the cases candidates holding analogous positions in government organizations are recruited. When these candidates are promoted to the position of deputy advisor, new job opportunities are created for the positions that was previously held by these candidates thereby offering employment opportunities to eligible candidates.
|Related to Government Jobs in Planning Commission|
|commission, government, jobs, planning|