Career Profiles for HR specialization

gyanjourney

Hi Friends,

Regarding the career options in HR field, I would like to point out a few:

Generalist/Business HR:

This is the general HR role which involves managing the HR department in a company. This function involves lot of activities like Performance Appraisal, Payroll, Employee Engagement, Employee development and entertainment, exit interviews etc. Most MBA's are hired in this role.

Training and Development:
This involves assessing the training needs of an organization. This would involve analyzing performance of employees and discussions with various business heads. Once needs have been identified, the training programs would be finalized and you would identify relevant trainers. In knowledge driven companies like IT, finance,BPO/KPO industry etc, there is a huge requirement for these profiles. Apart from organizing trainings one can become a trainer as well. The trainings can be Behavioral/Leadership/Team building etc and other specific domain specific like finance/Sales etc.
Since you have an teaching background you can consider this option based on your liking for this field

Organizational Development:
This is a broad role and it would involve Employee development, psychometric tests, analysing employee competencies and mapping competencies. You would be covering some of these in your 2nd year in HR.

Compensation and Benefit:
This role involves benchmarking employee salaries to industry standards and deciding the relevant compensation for various roles.

Recruitment/Staffing
This role involves working in the Recruitment team of an organization and sourcing talent from the market to meet organizations needs. There are many job opportunities with Recruitment consultants as well.

Do read on about these and try to identify your areas of interest.

Regards,
GyanJourney
GyanJourney.com

hemanshu_pisces

Thank you, my friend.
I really appreciate, the information you have posted.

I have read your present topic career in HR and also gone through Career in Finance.

It helps n number of people.

Keep it up!

abhishreshthaa

thanks a lot yar...............................

hey sunanda, its very appreciating that you like post by some of our members . but it is a request to you that please do not post THANKS instead of posting thanks just press thanks button on the post that you liked...

:SugarwareZ-230:

jerryvn01

Hi Friends,

Regarding the career options in HR field, I would like to point out a few:

Generalist/Business HR:

This is the general HR role which involves managing the HR department in a company. This function involves lot of activities like Performance Appraisal, Payroll, Employee Engagement, Employee development and entertainment, exit interviews etc. Most MBA's are hired in this role.

Training and Development:
This involves assessing the training needs of an organization. This would involve analyzing performance of employees and discussions with various business heads. Once needs have been identified, the training programs would be finalized and you would identify relevant trainers. In knowledge driven companies like IT, finance,BPO/KPO industry etc, there is a huge requirement for these profiles. Apart from organizing trainings one can become a trainer as well. The trainings can be Behavioral/Leadership/Team building etc and other specific domain specific like finance/Sales etc.
Since you have an teaching background you can consider this option based on your liking for this field

Organizational Development:
This is a broad role and it would involve Employee development, psychometric tests, analysing employee competencies and mapping competencies. You would be covering some of these in your 2nd year in HR.

Compensation and Benefit:
This role involves benchmarking employee salaries to industry standards and deciding the relevant compensation for various roles.

Recruitment/Staffing
This role involves working in the Recruitment team of an organization and sourcing talent from the market to meet organizations needs. There are many job opportunities with Recruitment consultants as well.

Do read on about these and try to identify your areas of interest.

Regards,
GyanJourney
GyanJourney.com

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting.

Tks and best regards