FACTORS AFFECTING BRAND AWARENESS -
October 11th, 2010
Brand Awareness refers to the strength of a brand’s presence in the consumer’s mind.
Awareness is measured according to the different ways in which consumers remember a brand, ranging from recognition to recall to top of the mind. Some of the major factors affecting brand awareness are:-
• BRAND NAME:- One of the most important factor affecting brand awareness is the brand name. Brand name plays an important part in creating awareness for a brand. Also whether the name is really very meaningful or completely baseless they both affect brand awareness.
Bacardi Breezers - flavoured aerated vodka based drink
Hp Ghoda Lal diesel engine oil
Centre Shock chewing gum.
• ADVERTISING: - Advertising also helps to create Brand awareness in a big way. Take any brand name Fevicol, Vicks, Pepsi all have used ad’s for creating awareness among their consumers.
• CELEBRITY:- Another important factor affecting Brand awareness is the celebrities endorsing the Brand. Whenever you see a celebrity you love endorsing a brand you tend to propagate the Brand.
Coca Cola experienced a tremendous increase in brand following post ad campaigns with Hrithik Roshan and ”Kaho Na Pyaar Hai”.
• PARENT COMPANY:- To a large extent the parent company helps in promoting a brand. The parent company in many cases is so popular that its brand automatically become popular and people become aware about the product.
TATA always promotes it brand with its name along with the brand such as TATA INDICA, TATA INDIGO, TATA SALT.
• SALES PROMOTIONS AND OFFERS: - It also helps in making the consumers aware of the brand. Some of the sales promotion activities that companies carry out help them in a big way to make their target aware of the brand.
BAJAJ Chetak campaign of Rs.999 and you could buy a scooter.
• 1st MOVER ADVANTAGE: - Usually the company that enters a product category first has good awareness about its brand. Usually people tend to remember the first player to enter the market.
Parle products “BISLERI” in the packaged water segment.
• PUBLIC RELATIONS: - The coverage that the fourth estate and magazines provide a brand also helps in building awareness about a brand.
The popularity of local restaurants such as Olive and Athena has been boosted by the page 3 mentions in Bombay times.
• DIRECT SELLING:- Some of the companies use direct selling as an platform to create brand awareness.
Eureka Forbes water filter “AQUA GUARD”.
• PEER GROUP OPINION:- Peer group opinion also plays an important part in the whole brand awareness exercise. Usually people tend to discuss a lot about the brand and tend to share their experiences or some recent ad’s they have seen which in turn increases brand awareness of their peers.
A large number of chat boards on the Internet or a group of friends from same education field.
• RECALL OF AD’S:- In some cases the brand awareness is also high due to specific ad recall which is very high.
Help Others > Network > Grow
Work with us part time/full time as forum moderator. Email us your resume on careers @ managementparadise.com PLS PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF U LIKED MY POST.