FMS

amardeep.rishi

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
senvasn said:
hello friends,
have anybdy taken FMS test?please give me info abt. that exam.i want to take it .

nice to find a kindred soul...aiming for FMS ...boss don't worry others have to fight for rest 88 seats:big_grin:

bhavin_3

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
senvasn said:
thala what about the difficulty level of the paper?

Well its surely less than CAT..!! U can access fms papers in the cat section and ull find some more in 200+mb cat material thread..!!

senvasn

hello guys is there anyone who knows about the eligibility for FMS?i'm planning to take this test next year.moreover what kind of questions are asked in General Awareness section?

chaitalithakker

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hii...

seems.... intresting... anyways.. i appeared for FMS test this yr.

FMS entrance is tooooooooo much easy..

the level of difficulty is .. very very low

its an 800 marks paper and in tht u can easily score 50% condition u r well versed with CAT...

the Q r mostly general kiind tht is some related to maths which is damn easy

the general knowledge Q tht r intrest rate ,, age ,, many simple question which u learnt in school...

but u better prepare for CAT well...

for FMS i scored better but my case was i did not did any classes ...

and i heard tht many classes use to conduct some special lectures for FMs test... so check with them

any ways getting into it is difficult... but level of entrance is too easy....

if u have any more query post it.... may v culd help u out....

best of luck

bye

shrijit_s

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I have hrd rumours of FMS having some kind of a latent quota for Delhi students...is that true??

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
The Written Test

* Each institute has a written admission test, either its own test (like XAT for XIMB, SNAP for Symbiosis, etc.) or part of a common test (like CAT conducted by the IIMs) used by several institutes
* These tests are typically 2-hour multiple-choice tests.
* Currently, all tests are paper-based (i.e., you answer on paper with a pencil) ; however there is a move towards computer-based tests. XLRI experimented with a computer-based test in 2002, but operational problems forced its cancellation.
* Each institute conducts its test once a year (for dates see Important Date)
* Test scores or marks are not revealed by any institute. Successful candidates are informed directly
* Most of these tests cover high school topics, and difficulty levels are not very high for a graduate (unlike graduate entrance exams like IIT-JEE or Medical). However, skills like time management (answering maximum number of questions on the given time), error minimization (keeping number of wrong answers low, to avoid negative marking) and question selection (attempting questions in an order that suits your strengths) are critical in maximizing performance.

What the Written Tests cover

* Quantitative Ability (QA): A test of your mathematical skills - essentially high school mathematics. Topics covered include Number Systems, Profit & Loss, Percentages, Averages, Progression, Work, Speed, Geometry and Algebra.
* Data Interpretation (DI): A test of your ability to analyze and give specific information from Tables, Activity Charts, Caselets, Bar Charts, Pie Charts and Graphs. At times a variety of Analytical Reasoning questions also come under this section. These are both single puzzle-type questions as well as caselet data sets.
* Verbal Ability (VA): A test of your English usage -- Grammar, Vocabulary and Verbal Reasoning.
* Reading Comprehension (RC): A test of your English reading comprehension skills. This section contains a few passages followed by questions that test your comprehension of the ideas contained in the passage as well as your reasoning skills.
* General Awareness/Business Awareness (GA/BA): A test of your awareness of current affairs and business events. This section appears in most admission tests, except CAT. The test has questions on political events, scientific developments, awards, economic indicators, brands, CEOs and books.
* Logical Reasoning (LR): A test of your analytical skills through Data Sufficiency exercises, puzzles and deductive reasoning. Data Sufficiency questions are based on basic mathematics.

Are these tests identical? Are there differences?
Well, there are lots of similarities. And lots of differences as well. For instance, CAT - the premier test, does not usually have the Business Awareness section, but time management is a crucial element here - as there are far more questions than can be possibly answered in the given time. The FMS test, on the other hand, has a Business Awareness section, the XLRI test has a higher difficulty level for maths (including topics like set theory & probability), the MICA test includes an advertising aptitude test, and the TISS test contains an essay on a socially relevant topic. Some tests have negative marking, others don't! It can get quite exhausting, just keeping track!

How do you handle this maze? Simple! Enrol for one of our courses, and we'll show you the way. We train students for each of the tests, CAT or otherwise - come and join the Career Launcher fraternity, and get the unfair advantage they enjoy over other students. Read why enrolling for any of our courses makes more sense.

What are the different tests ? What are the different tests? A listing of the various admission tests, the institutes that apply them, as well as their schedules are mentioned below. This covers select tests - if you want further information,

write to us at [email protected].

ch21599

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
yeah , i took the FMS 2006 , got a call too ... didnt convert ... the papers is a speed test , nothing more than that , real easy questions , but remember that they are easy for everyone so u need to score real high and dont let your accuracy suffer , getting a call isnt that big a deal , to convert it is difficult ... the FMS ppl have a real fetish for DCE ... if u are from there , no matter what u do in the interview u are thru , the GD's are generally fish markets , with 14 guys and 15 mins to speak ur mind on contoversial topics u cannot expect anything else , so a lot hinges on the interview ....

Out of the 175 questions in the paper i did 163 for the FMS (MS ) paper and 150 odd for the FT prog. , the difficulty level was the same for both , on a scale of 1 -10 i would put it at - 2 ...... there were 5 LR sets with 6 questions each , straight out of the CL material ... the RC passages had been repeated from TIME mocks ..... i hope u guys are getting the picture here ...

and one more thing , FMS has a kindof gender quota frm this year , in the 1st list 31 boys and 31 girls , i dunno where that came frm .... if u need any specific info do tell me , i will post my GDPI experience in the relevent section soon ...

coolvastav4u

thanx for the information
i found this website very helpful
got 97.22 in CAT....hoping to get through in FMS
paper is easy......but too less seats

provide me fms best test

if possible provide fms 2001 to 2006 paper

provide me latest di

if possible provide english words also

Mod Note:
Make a single post for all ur requests

Last edited by a moderator: