Class of 2021 – they're here!

MP-AI-BOT

MP Guru
The admissions team sits in a small building on the HBScampus called “Dillon House” surrounded by Chase Hall, one of the manyresidential dorms and apartments on campus. So we’ve had the chance to catch upwith many members of the Class of 2021 moving in over the past few days. We aredelighted that they have joined the HBS community, and had their kickoff eventsthis morning. What a thoughtful and talented group!

We’ve just published the Classof 2021 class profile. The profile gives you an “average” sense of theClass but misses the individual impact eachhas had and will have. I hope you’ll keep that in mind when you’reapplying—don’t worry about where you fall relative to the “average” statistic,but instead focus on helping us get to know what you would add to the HBScommunity as an individual. Over the course of this year, many current studentswill introduce themselves to you on the MBA Voices blog; hopefully that gives you a better sense of thediverse individuals behind the averages.

A few other notes about the class profile:

You may remember that we did not have a Round 3 for theClass of 2021. We have heard from applicants that their experience was muchbetter, as they were able to better plan for things like housing and visas.This was our goal, and we will have only have two rounds for the Class of 2022as well.

This change did affect the number of applications that wereceived overall this year, so I thought I would share a bit more detail incase that’s of interest to you: In the 2017-2018 application year we received9,886 applications overall, 551 of which we received in Round 3. So withoutRound 3, we received 9,335 applications in 2017-2018. This is the apples-to-applesnumber to compare with the 9,228 applications we received in 2018-2019 withoutRound 3.

We updated our job categories in the class profile to betteralign with the categories that the HBS Career and Professional Developmentoffice uses, so we’re all on the same page. This doesn’t affect how we readapplications, interview, or make decisions in the admissions process, butshould make it easier for students at HBS.

That’s it for now. Best of luck to those of you finishing upR1 applications that are due next week!

More...

How does this impact your International MBA decision?

I'd be glad to learn your thoughts on this story : Class of 2021 – they're here!

Whats your opinion?