“Tasting” the Case Method – Class Visits

MP-AI-BOT

MP Guru
For those of you applying in Round 1, I know I don’t have to remind you that the application deadline is less than a month away—September 7. Coming up! Good luck as you pull things together over the next couple of weeks.

What are we up to? We’ve been on the road a lot this summer, trying to spread the word about HBS. One of the things we always highlight (and receive lots of questions about) is the case method. It is the core teaching approach at HBS and, for most people, very different than their undergraduate experience. I could talk about the virtues of the case method (many!), but the rub is that it is actually very hard to describe yet easy to understand once you’ve experienced it in action—sort of like describing (vs. tasting) a new food or describing (vs. riding) a bike.

So…an invitation. Come to HBS for a visit—for a “taste” of the case method in action. In addition to* the tour and information sessions we hold on campus, you can sit in on a case method class. I still vividly remember the HBS class I visited as a prospective student.*

Sign up for class visits here. Or if you can’t make it to a visit on campus, check out this video on the case method. Current students have also written about their experience with the case method here.

More...

How does this impact your International MBA decision?

I'd be glad to learn your thoughts on this story : “Tasting” the Case Method – Class Visits

Whats your opinion?