here is a material on copy rights
hope it is usegful

Attachments

• copy rights.docx
    50.8 KB · Views: 11
Re: copy rights

According to Copyright Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-
"adapatation" means,-
( i ) in relation to a dramatic work, the conversion of the work into a non-dramatic work;
( ii ) in relation to a literary work or an artistic work, the conversion of the work into a dramatic work by way of performance in public or otherwise;
( iii ) in relation to a literary or dramatic work, any abridgement of the work or any version of the work in which the story or action is conveyed wholly or mainly by means of pictures in a form suitable for reproduction in a book, or in a newspaper, magazine or similar per` iodical; and
( iv ) in relation to a musical work, any arrangement or transcription of the work;

karthik.

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Re: copy rights

‘Copyright’ is the term we use for the bundle of
exclusive rights which the laws of most countries confer on authors to exploit the works
which they create.
 When we say someone has an exclusive right to do something, we mean that no
one else can lawfully do it without the permission of the holder of the right.
The simplest and oldest of these exclusive rights is the right of the author of a book to
print copies of it. This was the right conferred by the first copyright law, which was
enacted in the U.K. in 1709 and is commonly known as the ‘Queen Anne’s Statute’. In
course of time, the bundle of authors’ exclusive rights has widened vastly, covering a
variety of activities in respect of a variety of works.