Comment About TASMAC b-school

cijothomas

I just heard about TASMAC b-school which offers MBA program validated by Universoty of WALES, UK..

They offers both parttime and full time program..

See the site for details..

Tasmac

Experts.. plz do comment about the degree offered by this college..

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
The MBA program is a 1 yr one validated by Univ. of Wales and offered at 3 different centers in India ..

what kind of info are you looking for?

kmrjt

Hi guys!
I read all your queries and suggestions about TASMAC. Let me share my opinnion with you all. TASMAC offers a 1 yr MBA program, along with a 4 month long dissertation - so the course duration approximately becomes 1and 1/2 years. The institute is India's first ISO 9001:2000 certified management institute and has been rated as A+ business school for four consequtive years by Business India. The degree is offered by University of Wales, one of the largest in the UK. And the course is accredited by the British Accreditation Council, BAC.
Now, whether you should join this institute or not depends on your needs. If you think you would like to work abroad and hence need to do MBA from a foreign institute, you may join TASMAC. But let me tell you, it won't fetch you a good job in UK that easily. Why? Because, in UK, there are two classes of B-schools - one class takes in students with 3 to 4 yrs. working experience and include LBS, Warwick, Cranfield, Oxbridge, etc.. The students get the desired job and are very highly paid. The next class of universities are those which take in freshers and one among them is University of Wales. The candidates studying here do not find the high profile jobs they desire for, immediately after passing out. It needs time. So, if you are a fresher, and in a hurry to complete MBA, you can join the second group of universities. If you have plenty of work experience of at least 3 to 4 years, try to join the first group of schools, for which your GMAT scores are very important.
Having said all that, let's talk about the placement. How is the placement at TASMAC? If you ask them, they will obviously give a glorious picture. But, I personally feel that the placements are not too attractive. They say that the highest salary for an on-campus recruitment till date had been Rs. 8,00,000 per annum, in all the three campuses - Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata. The average is 4 lakhs pa. But still I feel that there is no reason to back off or panic. Your salary shall depend on the degrees you have, your communication skills, ability to conduct business and attract clients for the company you're working and your efficiency.
However, as an institute, I do not feel that TASMAC is bad. It's only for time to prove that!

kmrjt

Hi Guys
One of my friends, who is in TASMAC, told me about their placements. None of the students have been placed in their batch i any campus!!!!!!! Their placement performance is a big ZERO!!!!!! Avoid TASMAC if you wanna be well-placed after MBA.

iimc_fan

Hmm... I have heard about TASMAC. It's a B school in Pune. People in the management industry tell me that their curriculum is good but they offer no placements!!! Now, what kind of an institute is that? It's a waste of time and money...