My struggles transformed a shy person into a successful marketer?

Mokhushroo

Two years before, I was working in Dubai,but was not satisfied with my career profile and came to know that money is not everything. So,I decided to join a B School for better carreer opportunities. I talked to my friends and all my well wishers about MBA colleges in India as I believe that Indian colleges impart better education. This confused me a lot as there were many suggestions and how do I select a good college which meets my expectations.

Another big challenge was to take admission in time because the session was about to close (and I had to prepare for the MAT entrance test). If these options did not work out, I would have to return back to Dubai so I decided to go for MAT. But my MAT score was not very good at 57%.My friends told me that 90% will only apply for IIM's.

I believe that whichever career track you see yourself in, you must stop for a while and do some introspection. Talk to friends and colleagues who according to you have known (and have walked on the) track that you’d like to get on to. If you are unable to do some big thing in your life then do something small but do it in a big manner. During my initial search for the best management college in India, Asia Khan one of my seniors from my hometown said that VBS is one of the best management colleges in Bangalore, with its excellent infrastructure and professionally experienced faculty. I was not having any option but to give interview very nicely So, I focused on Interview and I was selected in Vanguard Business School. I am glad that I took his advice.

I still remember that Mr. Arka Bhattacharya, Dean of Vanguard Business School was taking my interview and after the interview he talked to me about my career goal. His words made me comfortable and also motivated me , and that one meeting gave me a lot of confidence. I am proud to say that today I am a Store Manager in a Bharti Airtel and have converted that discussion into reality. I believe that this was the result of enhancement of my skills, an extra-ordinary amount of freedom and opportunities to explore that VBS gave me, that I am now thoroughly enjoying a very rewarding career.

Whether you are looking for an MBA from IIM or any other top management institute in India, if you are hovering precariously around the second career track, here’s a word of advice.Don’t jump into another degree before you’ve addressed the basic questions. You may end up in precisely the same situation all over again i.e. a great international degree (this time it’s several times more expensive than the Indian ones) that does little for your career after 2-3 years. A large number of Indian professionals who’ve taken emotional decisions to fly abroad hoping for a great job , a life full of money, happiness and sunshine, get a second jolt in their lives, when they realise that things aren’t as bed of roses as they expected outside India.

I believe my comments - will help others to grow (to be continuned...)

Mohhamamd Khusroo
Store Manager
Bharti Airtel
studied at Vanguard business school

joel.francis.7351

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
looks like a cheap marketing stunt by vanguard business school.

These kind of lines make it very evident that this is a sponsored post.

During my initial search for the best management college in India, Asia Khan one of my seniors from my hometown said that VBS is one of the best management colleges in Bangalore, with its excellent infrastructure and professionally experienced faculty.

I think the moderators of this site should delete your post.