ManagementParadise.com : Worlds Leading Management Portal. MBA | Classroom, Boardroom and Beyond

Go Back   ManagementParadise.com Forums - Your MBA Online Degree Program and Management Students Forum for MBA,BMS, MMS, BMM, BBA, students & aspirants. > Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) > Indian B schools, College Zone and Campus Talks

BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college?

Discuss BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? within the Indian B schools, College Zone and Campus Talks forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; Hi, i am an engineering dropout and i will be applying for either BMS or BBa this year. I am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
 (1 (permalink))
Sam M
evosam9 is an unknown quantity at this point

evosam9

BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? - May 8th, 2012

Hi, i am an engineering dropout and i will be applying for either BMS or BBa this year. I am from the science stream and i have scored 74% in my 12th Std. Do i stand a chance in getting into a good college such as podar for BMS or should i do bba from nmims. I have some questions, i will really appreciate if some1 can answer them.

1. Is BBA from Nmims worth - they charge 1.5 lakhs an annum.
2. Which are some good colleges i can get into for BMS for 74%
3. How much salary can i expect after completing BMS/BBA and are there college placements ??. I will be working right after my graduation.

4. Does anybody have an idea about vidyalankar school of information technology for BMS, is it good.

P.S : By a good college , i mean the faculty should be really good and there should be placements. I don't need anything else.

Thank you. All replies will be appreciated.
Friends: (0)
Related to BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college?

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
College v/s School.... Which is better??? Milind Gandhi Indian B schools, College Zone and Campus Talks 49 October 8th, 2007 12:19 AM
Website Address of Indian Universities vengabeats Indian B schools, College Zone and Campus Talks 3 August 3rd, 2006 06:57 PM
Local Marketing Projectstransfer Marketing Management 0 April 19th, 2006 02:08 AM
Old college days vengabeats LaUghTeR AccEleRatED , Just CHILL !! 0 March 8th, 2006 04:59 PM
High School vs. College Vijith Pujari LaUghTeR AccEleRatED , Just CHILL !! 0 February 7th, 2006 11:50 PM

Re: BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college?
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Shrusti Mathur
Shrusti is an unknown quantity at this point

Shrusti
Student of BBA at Mangalayatan University
Agra, Uttar Pradesh

Re: BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? - May 8th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evosam9 View Post
Hi, i am an engineering dropout and i will be applying for either BMS or BBa this year. I am from the science stream and i have scored 74% in my 12th Std. Do i stand a chance in getting into a good college such as podar for BMS or should i do bba from nmims. I have some questions, i will really appreciate if some1 can answer them.

1. Is BBA from Nmims worth - they charge 1.5 lakhs an annum.
2. Which are some good colleges i can get into for BMS for 74%
3. How much salary can i expect after completing BMS/BBA and are there college placements ??. I will be working right after my graduation.

4. Does anybody have an idea about vidyalankar school of information technology for BMS, is it good.

P.S : By a good college , i mean the faculty should be really good and there should be placements. I don't need anything else.

Thank you. All replies will be appreciated.
BMS and BBA are both good courses. If you have an inclination towards mumbai university then you need to consider the BMS course. BBA is a little more industry relevant.

BBA from nmims is worth but they do have a very strict intake policy. You need to connect with some people here who are pursuing this course to get better clarity on it.

Check BMS.co.in for cutoff lists of various colleges where you can get admission.

Mithibai, Sydhnem, HR, Jai Hind, Podar, NM etc are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Vidyalankar has not made its mark yet.

Amity BBA is something that you can look out for.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (3 (permalink))
Sam M

evosam9

Re: BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? - May 9th, 2012

Thank you for your reply. I am glad somebody responded.

Quote:
If you have an inclination towards mumbai university
In future what would be better, having a certificate from mumbai university or from a deemed one. I don't have an inclination towards any, i would go with the one which would help me better in the future.

Quote:
BBA from nmims is worth but they do have a very strict intake policy
Yea they do hv a strict intake policy and their own test. But they charge almost 5 times the amount of what local colleges charge for bms. I can do bms from any local college for 30,000rs per year whereas here i hv to pay 1.5 lakh/year. So is it really worth the 5x the amount ???

Quote:
Amity BBA
Does amity have a campus in mumbai ??? Is it good ?

Thanks again!
Old
 (4 (permalink))
Kartik Raichura
kartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond reputekartik has a reputation beyond repute

kartik
Founder & CEO at Management Paradise
Management Paradise Guru

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I am glad somebody responded.

In future what would be better, having a certificate from mumbai university or from a deemed one. I don't have an inclination towards any, i would go with the one which would help me better in the future.

Yea they do hv a strict intake policy and their own test. But they charge almost 5 times the amount of what local colleges charge for bms. I can do bms from any local college for 30,000rs per year whereas here i hv to pay 1.5 lakh/year. So is it really worth the 5x the amount ???

Does amity have a campus in mumbai ??? Is it good ?

Thanks again!
Govt university certification has been given higher weight-age since the past few decades, so mumbai university is a safer bet.

The higher the fees, the better the quality of infrastructure through which they impart education. Whether it is worth is subjective. If you are looking for education and not mode of education, it may not be worth. You may not get through a NMIMS because of your drop. Confirm it with the college authorities beforehand.

Amity has a campus in mumbai and they have good facilities. Not sure about the placement scenario but quality of education and peers is better than most BMS colleges.

Help Others -> Help Yourself !

Want to work with us and revolutionize management world ? send in a small writeup of what you will do and how with your cv on careers at managementparadise.com

Friends: (92)
Old
 (5 (permalink))
Sam M

evosam9

Thank you for your response. I think then i should go with mumbai university. For me faculty is the most important aspect, i can do with bad infrastructure and other things. Are the faculty of local bms colleges good? which is the best college i can get in at 74% in science?

Quote:
Amity has a campus in mumbai and they have good facilities. Not sure about the placement scenario but quality of education and peers is better than most BMS colleges
Glad to know that. Are they recognised by aicte and government?? Is their course considered and will it be given preference over bms from local college ?
Old
 (6 (permalink))
Gaurav Mishra
winner@1 is on a distinguished road

winner@1
Chief Executive Officer at The TeenMag
Management Paradise Newbie

Institute: Amity University
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I think then i should go with mumbai university. For me faculty is the most important aspect, i can do with bad infrastructure and other things. Are the faculty of local bms colleges good? which is the best college i can get in at 74% in science?

Glad to know that. Are they recognised by aicte and government?? Is their course considered and will it be given preference over bms from local college ?
hiii sam i am student of BBA from Amity university and its recognised by UGC and i was also confused about doing BBA and BMS but decided to go for BBA and in third year we have selection between marketing HR and finance will be happy to assist you.
Old
 (7 (permalink))
Sam M

evosam9

Re: BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? - May 14th, 2012

^^Thanks, but i think amity might not be an option for me as its quite far from my place. The campus is at malad which means an hour by train from my place

So now i am looking at BMS from local college. I think i will rule out NMIMS also due to their high fees.

Do i stand a chance to get into podar or NM with 74% aggregate percentage and 81% in maths in 12th std AND 92% in 10th std.

Also, i need more feedback about vidylankar school of information technology. On their website they have given a placement list and few students have got salary package of over 3 lakhs/year.

Whats the max/average package i can expect after i complete BMS ?

Please help guys, Thanks again!
Old
 (8 (permalink))
Farhana Khan
farhanak.manage is an unknown quantity at this point

farhanak.manage
Student of Bachelor in Arts at ANJUMAN -I-ISLAM AKBAR PEERBJHOY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
Mumbai, Maharashtra

Re: BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? - May 15th, 2012

Quote:
^^Thanks, but i think amity might not be an option for me as its quite far from my place. The campus is at malad which means an hour by train from my place

So now i am looking at BMS from local college. I think i will rule out NMIMS also due to their high fees.

Do i stand a chance to get into podar or NM with 74% aggregate percentage and 81% in maths in 12th std AND 92% in 10th std.

Also, i need more feedback about vidylankar school of information technology. On their website they have given a placement list and few students have got salary package of over 3 lakhs/year.

Whats the max/average package i can expect after i complete BMS ?

Please help guys, Thanks again!
Havent heard anything about vidyalankar. Dont think you stand a chance in the top few colleges with that score.

There was news that a few students bagged 6 - 7 lakhs package in a finance company. They had decent amount of part time work experience and a lot of initiatives to their credit. Run a search in DNA newspaper website or on bms.co.in
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Sam M

evosam9

Re: BBA from Nmims or BMS from local college? - May 15th, 2012

Thanks for your response. I realize there is very little chance i can get into a good college with that score.

What do you think abt st.xaviers for BMS ? They have their own entrance test, so if i do well in the entrance test i might have a good chance to get admission there.

Is Xaviers as good as other top colleges like Podar and NM ?