Details of the Tax Assistant Examinations

sunandaC

Structure of TAE

The TAE consist of two parts, Part I and Part II.

Part I

Part I again divided into two parts. The first part consists of General English and General awareness, is a multiple choice question paper, each of 100 marks. The duration of this se4ction is two hours. The second part consists of arithmetic question with 100 marks. The duration is set to be 120 minutes. Only those candidates qualify the first part is eligible to attend the second part and the question paper available in Hindi and English.

Part II

Part II, generally called as the Skill test which evaluates the typing speed of the candidates on computer. To qualify this part the candidates have to enter the data with minimum 8000 key depressions. Only those eligible candidates of the Part I can take the test.

Syllabus

General Awareness

Economic
Environment Around And Its Application To Society
General Policy
Geography
History
India And Neighboring Countries
Knowledge Of Current Events
Scientific Aspect
Scientific Research
Arithmetic

Averages
Computation af Whole Numbers
Decimals and Fractions
Discount
Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
Interest
Mensuration
Number Systems
Percentages
Profit and Loss
Ratio and Proportions
Ratio and Time
Relationships Between Numbers
Time and Distance
Use of Tables And Graphs
General English

Antonyms
Error Recognition
Fill In The Blanks Using Verbs
Grammar
Idiomatic Use Of Words
Passages And Comprehension
Phrases
Preposition, Articles
Sentence Completion
Sentence-Structure
Spellings
Synonyms
Vocabulary
Eligibility Criteria

The minimum educational qualification for taking the TAE is set to be graduation in any discipline from the recognized university. The candidates must have minimum of 21 years at the time of examination. The upper age limit is defined to be 27 years for taking TAE. There is considerable reservation for the eligible categories as per the Government rules.

Last edited: