MBA's You Possess a wrong conception about yourself

sunandaC

you are gonna be rich then other non mba guys

you are smarter than others

if you feel there's always a right answer ! it isnt true

if MBA's think they can fix it they should shut their mouth for the first three months on the job and not be allowed to "fix" anything.

MBA's pay least attention to soft courses like leadership..& people management is what matters which they get to learn after their MBA being completed

You are going to be more creative and entrepreneurial after Business School than before; rather b schools make you less creative..

nyogita

Exactly!! MBA is rather educational these days. Its just a degree , its like d new M.com..... everybody is doing it and this is not because they really wanna do it, trust me , its just coz everyone else around them are opting for it....
MBA is become the new trend!!!

P.S . No offense to the people who are really interested in MBA... All d best to them .... Cheers!!!!!

MBACrystalBall

Sunanda,

I'm an MBA, an admissions consultant and the author of an MBA book that goes deeper into some of the aspects that you've touched upon. And I think you've hit the nail on the head with this post.

There are certain things that a 'good' MBA program can do, but there are also a whole lot of aspects that students will never pick up in a classroom.

A whole lot of MBAs (including aspiring ones) have got impractical expectations from the degree. I felt it was about time the informational gap is filled.

Good to see that there are others like you who have the ability (and the humour) to look beyond the image that has been projected over all these years.

I hope many more MBA applicants do their research and background work before jumping onto the MBA bandwagon.

----

Sameer
Founder | MBA Crystal Ball
Author | Beyond The MBA Hype