BMS in mumbai

thedemon99

Hi,
i've appeared the 12th comm exam this year from thakur college,kandivali
i am expecting 70%
so which is the best college that i could get admission in mumbai for bms
i know that 70% is too less for sydenham college but is there any chance that i might get through in the 3rd or 4th merit list
also is there any other test that i need to give besides my hsc exams
plz also let me know any other facts about bms that you think i should know
thanks

yash.bichu

Hi Vijay..
I guess 70% wont help u to get into colleges like Sydenham, HR, Podar etc..
You can try for some other colleges like Somaiya, Ruparel, Khalsa cz there is a possibility that u might get an admission over dr..
Secondly, there is no entrance exam as such which u need to give for getting into BMS
bt dn if ur planning to do BBA from NMIMS or Symbi then they have their own entrance exams... u can visit their web site for the same...
Finally,
there are many good colleges in Mumbai for BMS, so dont get upset if u dont get into the college of ur choice cz ultimately its a Mumbai University course and ur performance matters..
Take Care
Best o Luck

Regards,
Yash

thedemon99

Hi Vijay..
I guess 70% wont help u to get into colleges like Sydenham, HR, Podar etc..
You can try for some other colleges like Somaiya, Ruparel, Khalsa cz there is a possibility that u might get an admission over dr..
Secondly, there is no entrance exam as such which u need to give for getting into BMS
bt dn if ur planning to do BBA from NMIMS or Symbi then they have their own entrance exams... u can visit their web site for the same...
Finally,
there are many good colleges in Mumbai for BMS, so dont get upset if u dont get into the college of ur choice cz ultimately its a Mumbai University course and ur performance matters..
Take Care
Best o Luck

Regards,
Yash
Thanks a lot
can u tell me difference between bba & bms i've heard that they r one any the same
if not which one is better

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
BMS is offered by Mumbai University, BBA is offered by Deemed universities like NMIMS, Welingkar etc.

Its as generic as asking which is better MMS or PG. The answer differs from college to college.

In terms of syllabus there is not much difference and each has its own set of merits.

SuperVegeta

sai ram
If you do want to do a BMS with about 70%, I'm almost sure you would get an admission into SIES in Sion. They have a great faculty there too. Not advertising, I'm from SIES, so that's how I know about it. But I've done Bcom. My friends in BMS were happy with the faculty.
sai ram

suhaspr

I think u need to do better than 70% for Sydenham or any college on these lines. For a lower percentage u may have to resort to suburbian colleges like NMIMS or ITM or Dalmia's

vigil666

Even i have got a low percentage that is 77.....but i am looking forward to do BMS from the good colleges...please suggest me some good colleges for BMS in mumbai in context to my %.
thanks in advance :)

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I think u need to do better than 70% for Sydenham or any college on these lines. For a lower percentage u may have to resort to suburbian colleges like NMIMS or ITM or Dalmia's
<br><br>I wasnt aware NL Dalmia had a BMS vertical !? Are you referring to the one in mira road?<br>