IELTS level for admission to academic institutions

navin_c

MP Guru
IELTS level for admission to academic institutions
IELTS minimum levels required by institutions vary according to the particular college or school and country. As a rule, institutions from English-speaking countries require a higher IELTS band than those from non English-speaking countries. According to the IELTS official site [1] the highest IELTS Band required by a University is 8.5, with only two institutions, both from the U.S.: the Graduate School of Journalism at Columbia University and the Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University. The highest IELTS Band required by institutions from the United Kingdom is 7.5, which is the Research Centre for English and Applied Linguistics at the University of Cambridge .

Most IELTS requirements by Universities are between 5.5 and 7.0. For example, Liverpool University requires 7.5, Cambridge University 7.0 and Birmingham University 6.0 as the minimum levels, Essex University requires minimum 5.5. In Germany, Stuttgart University requires an IELTS minimum of 6.0.

Sarmistha

friends,could u plz give me any idea about scholarship is offered by the UK universities??Will any scholarship is available or not when i will chose ielts instead of GRE??plz reply

navin_c

MP Guru
friends,could u plz give me any idea about scholarship is offered by the UK universities??Will any scholarship is available or not when i will chose ielts instead of GRE??plz reply

Scholarships for UK.

UK universities are generally government funded which mostly means limited funds available for the university to disburse among students as bursaries and scholarships. Still most universities do have certain awards which are given to students based on their merits as well as performance during the course. Some of the UK universities also have special awards for Indian students besides the ones which individual departments may offer to students coming there to pursue their further studies. Another important source of scholarship are the British Government sponsored awards like the Chevening Scholarship Commonwealth Scholarship, DFID Scholarship. These are extremely competitive and the deadlines are much in advance of the session.

UNDERGRADUATE

Merit based.
Universities offer part bursaries for certain courses and are limited in number.

The Undergraduate and Vocation Scholarship Scheme (UVS) which more than 60 universities offer in collaboration with the British Government.
Different University Scholarship have their respective deadlines.

POSTGRADUATE

British Chevening: for deserving students wishing to pursue Research / Taught Postgraduate Courses.

Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowship Plans are for citizens of Commonwealth Countries.

Shared Scholarships scheme for taught postgraduate course which are shared with British Universities.

Overseas Research Students Awards Scheme (ORSAS) for postgraduate research.

University - based scholarships are in the form of part bursaries which vary from £ 1000 - £ 2500 rebate in the tuition fee.

WEBSITE FOR SCHOLARSHIPS

Association of Commonwealth Universities

Ministry of HRD

British Council India

www.inlakesfoundation.org

www.niss.ac.uk/adminother-funding.html

The Rhodes Scholarships

Scholarships, grants guide: UK scholarships, international scholarships, grants and student loans

www.shell.com/scholarships

www.univerisitiesuk.ac.uk

I HOPE THESE INFORMATION HELPS U.............IF U NEED SOME OTHER HELP DO POST ME.THANKS.BY.TC
:SugarwareZ-191: