Turning Point in Tournament New Zealand vs Australia

vinod_gupta34

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
<h1>Turning Point in Tournament New Zealand vs Australia</h1>

1.jpg

Australia captain Michael Clarke says losing to New Zealand in the gathering phase of the World Cup was a "kick up the posterior" his group required.

Clarke's side lost by one wicket to the Black Caps however will meet them in Sunday's last after a 95-run semi-last win against India.

"That was our defining moment in this competition," said batsman Clarke, 33.

"Our mentality from that day has been remarkable. It surrendered us a kick the posterior."

2.jpg

Australia were played out for 151 in Auckland on 28 February, however battled back to such a degree, to the point that New Zealand's Kane Williamson had just last man Trent Boult for organization when he hit a six to seal triumph.

The Kiwis are unbeaten, having played the greater part of their matches in New Zealand. Presently they must go to Melbourne for the last.

"The truth the conditions are diverse will positively help us," said 33-year-old Clarke. "Anyhow we're going to need to play our best cricket.

"New Zealand have been the structure group of the opposition and they positively should be in the last."

Australia's triumph at the Sydney Cricket Ground came as they bowled out India for 233 in the wake of posting 328-7.

That exertion with the bat was supported by a century from Steve Smith, yet his wicket started a slide of four wickets for 51 runs that kept the hosts from coming to a much greater score.

"I did think 320 was sufficient, yet I thought our bowlers needed to execute extremely well," said Clarke, who was a piece of the Australia group that won the World Cup in 2007.

"Regardless of what number of runs we scored, we were going to attempt and dish India out. I feel that was a fabulous execution."