Get 50 Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratik_mehta7

Pratik Mehta
well guyz, here is a good news for all you people.....
you just answer one question, mnid ou it has to cover each and every detail.....

and you get 50 points, and these points will be added to your pay account......

so the 50 points question is :

Explain the Career Stages. in DETAIL......in HRM.

Akash_arny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
pratik_mehta7 said:
you just answer one question, mnid ou it has to cover each and every detail.....

I m uploading the complete notes of HRM which i had.

Attachments

• HR notes.doc
    211 KB · Views: 40

enigma

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Here's my answer....If u guys are gonna use this answer in ur notes, do let me know before u print it...
This question appears in almost all the papers...This answer is more than enough for 5 marks....In case, it comes for 10 marks, do include a diagram.

***CAREER STAGES***

A career is all the jobs that are held during one's working life. Edwin B. Flippo defined a career as a sequence of separate but related work activities that provides order, continuity and meaning in a person’s life. Douglas T. Hall defined a career as “an individually perceived sequence of attitudes and behaviors associated with work related experiences and activities over the span of the person’s life.”

Life and Career Stages

Human resource managers must understand the issues that individuals face throughout their careers. A study of career development theories, life development theories and interrelationship among career stages and life stages will provide an understanding of the issues that the individuals face. Career and life stages are closely related as both are linked to age and cultural norms.

Career Stages

Careers can be analyzed based on the career stages. There are five career stages through which must of us go through or will go through. These stages include: exploration, establishment, mid-career, late career and decline.

Exploration

It is a career stage that usually ends in ones mid twenties as one makes the transition from college to work. This stage has the least relevance from the organizational point of view as it happens prior to employment.

Establishment

It is a career stage in which one begins to search for work. It includes getting one’s first job. It takes many years of search for a right job. The problems of this stage include making mistakes, learning from those mistakes and assuming increased responsibilities.

Mid Career Stage

This stage is marked by a continuous improvement in performance, leveling off in performance or the start of deterioration in performance. Remaining productive at work is a major challenge of career at this stage. Some employees reach their goals at the early stage and go on to even greater heights. These employees are “climbers”. Maintenance is another possible outcome. These employees have plateaued and not failed. These employees are technically competent and no longer as ambitious as the climbers.

Late Career

A career stage in which one is no longer learning about his or her job. He is also not expected to try and outdo his/her levels of performance from previous years. This stage is usually a pleasant stage. The employee enjoys playing a part of the elder statesperson. The employee can rest on his laurels and gain the respect of younger employees.

Decline Stage

This is the final stage of ones career, usually marked by retirement. It is a hard stage for those who have achievements in their earlier stages. After decades of continuous success and achievements, one has to retire from the service.

If the above given answer is right, plz post the next question.............
OR
We can give multiple answers.................

deya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
pratik_mehta7 said:

Ok 1st of all let me be clear that I havt started studing or anything. This answer is completely on the understanding I had while I was working. So if its not right dnt think I will fail in exams :(.....

Carrer stages has a great relevence with carrer planning. It is a part of Employee relations and is practiced in many companies.

Carrer Planning:- Carrer planning is when the company recruits freshers and train and mould them to fit their company culture. These companies also provide for training and higer education with source of time. The main motive of carrer planning is go reduce attrition rates and build a loyalty for the employees. Tata is 1 such company which practices this. They hire freshers from rural sector of the country and give them all the possible training in every feild. As recruited from rural India, they are given personality development training as well. This increases confidence level & amounts to huge motivation among the employees.
Godrej also beleives in recruitment of freshers and moulding them according to their company needs. Accenture has a tie-up with XLRI for MBA of freshers after they give centain amount of yrs to the company. Brand building & gaining Loyality become the main motive along with motivation of employees.

Carrer Stages:- Carrer stages becomes the part of carrer planning. Here the HR dept decides the stage at which the employee gets an increse in his carrer. For eg:- a fresh engg is recruited as ET(enggnier trainee) in the organisation. He has a certain probation period. Then next level is when he has certain amount of experience and knowlegde, where by he goes to the next stage where he is trained to be a manager, i.e able to handle people working under him. There is where he needs 2 have an MBA degree and then again a lap of time, where experience increses and he is now ready for higher responsibilities.

This is the way carrer stages are maintained. If at any stage he is not able to perform well, he is given more training to be able to reach his expectations or he stays at the same level untill he is meeting expectations.......

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
gr8 .. well i already awarded 50 points to enigma for the answer..

As its our mistake that we forgot to close thread. you get 25 points @ deya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.