Go Back   ManagementParadise.com | Management & Business Education Learning Platform Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects > Human Resources Management

project on employee absenteeism

Discuss project on employee absenteeism within the Human Resources Management forums, part of the Resolve Your Query - Get Help and discuss Projects category; I m waiting for ur reply my freinds thanx in advance for ur regards,,,, BSBK......... bye take care... Advertisements...

project on employee absenteeism
Old
 (1 (permalink))
aatish
aatish is an unknown quantity at this point

aatish

Smile project on employee absenteeism - April 9th, 2008

I m waiting for ur reply my freinds

thanx in advance

for ur regards,,,,

BSBK.........

bye take care...
Advertisements

Friends: (0)
Re: project on employee absenteeism
Old
 (2 (permalink))
Taran kharoud
Taran kharoud is an unknown quantity at this point

Taran kharoud

Re: project on employee absenteeism - April 19th, 2008

does anybdy have a project report on employee morale??
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (3 (permalink))
flyingbird
flyingbird is an unknown quantity at this point

flyingbird

Institute: IIBM
Re: project on employee absenteeism - July 3rd, 2008

i also want project on employee absenteeism .....
plz if any1 have uplode it...........
badly needed........
thanks in advance.............
i have full faith some1 will uploded it?????
Old
 (4 (permalink))
born2rule
born2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the rough

Student of PGDM at icfai
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Member

Institute: icfai
Re: project on employee absenteeism - July 5th, 2008

I remembered i did a project in my TY on this topic and we were supposed to highlight the importance of training and performance appraisal..these 2 things are important so as to remove employee absenteeism.
Friends: (7)
Old
 (5 (permalink))
born2rule
born2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the roughborn2rule is a jewel in the rough

Student of PGDM at icfai
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Member

Institute: icfai
Re: project on employee absenteeism - July 5th, 2008

Dealing with employees absenteeism

For Supervisors/Managers:

Change Management Style: when employees call in ill, it does not mean they are truly too physically ill to work. One reason, outside of illness, that employees are absent is stress, and the number one reason employees are stressed has to do with their relationship with their manager/supervisor.

Management styles that are too authoritarian tend to promote high levels of absenteeism among employees. Authoritarian managers are managers who have poor listening skills, set unreachable goals, have poor communication skills, and are inflexible. In other words, they yell too much, blame others for problems, and make others feel that it must be their way or the "highway." Authoritarian managers tend to produce high absenteeism rates. By identifying managers who use an authoritarian style, and providing them with management training, you will be taking a positive step not only toward reducing absenteeism, but also reducing turnover, job burnout, and employee health problems such as backaches and headaches.

Change Working Conditions: The employees in your company probably work in a well-lighted climate controlled building. The working conditions I am referring to relate to coworker relationships. Not only does relationship stress occur between the employee and manager, but it also exists between employees. Frequently I hear employees say they did not go to work because they are fearful of or angry with another employee. These employees usually report they just could not deal with "so and so" today, so they called in ill. Companies that adopted policies and values that promote employee respect and professionalism, and promote an internal conflict resolution procedure, are companies that reduce employee stress. A reduction in employee stress reduces employee absenteeism.

Provide Incentives:
Giving employees incentives for reduced absenteeism is not the same as rewarding or giving employees bonuses for reduced absenteeism. An incentive provides an employee with a boost to their motivation to avoid unnecessary absenteeism. It simply helps the employee decide to go to work versus staying home and watching Jerry Springer.

The types of incentive programs used by companies are numerous. Some companies allow employees to cash-in unused sick days at the end of every quarter, others give an employee two hours of bonus pay for every month of perfect attendance; and still others provide employees with a buffet lunch, a certificate of achievement, or even a scratch-off card concealing prizes. The type of incentive program that your company uses should be one created especially for your company. You can create an incentive program tailored to your unique company by allowing employees to help you develop the incentive program. For example, your employees may not care about receiving a $25.00 U.S. saving bond for perfect attendance, but they might respond very well to being able to leave one hour early on Friday if they have perfect attendance all week.

The duration of the incentive program is also very important. Once again allow your employees to help guide you to determine the length of time between incentives. Some companies find that they can simply reward employees with perfect attendance once a year, while others decide once a month is best, and still others decide once a week works best. The general rule of thumb is to reward workers more frequently the younger they are and the more difficult the work is to perform. Also, it is best to start with small incentives and work up to larger ones if necessary.

Develop an Attendance Policy:
Every company should have an attendance policy. An attendance policy allows a manager to intervene with an employee who is frequently absent. Besides stress as a primary reason for employee absenteeism, other causes relate to alcoholism, domestic violence, and family problems. If you confront an employee about his or her frequent absenteeism, and they inform you it is due to personal problems, consider referring the employee to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).

If the employee's absenteeism relates to a medical problem or a family member with a medical problem, you may have to consider allowing the employee to use the benefits allowed to them under the American's with Disability Act (ADA) or the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Early identification of these employees will get them back to work as fast as possible. Lastly, make sure that you have an attorney review your attendance policy to make sure it does not violate any State or Federal labor laws. By incorporating the above four strategies into your company you will not only reduce absenteeism you will reduce employee burnout, turnover, poor morale, and workplace negativism

http://www.employer-employee.com/absent.html

Last edited by born2rule; July 5th, 2008 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: some chyange

Friends: (7)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old
 (6 (permalink))
senthil_raja2004
senthil_raja2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

senthil_raja2004

Institute: ANNA UNIVERSITY
Re: project on employee absenteeism - June 30th, 2009

hi any one can send the project report for employee absenteeism

thanks
Old
 (7 (permalink))
DHANANJOY MONDAL
DHANANJOY is an unknown quantity at this point

DHANANJOY
Student of MBA at Burdwan University
Bardhaman, West Bengal

Re: project on employee absenteeism - September 8th, 2010

how i can download project on absenteeism? can anybdy guide me? i'm badly needed the project. thanks in advance.
Old
 (8 (permalink))
Business Education
Business-education is on a distinguished road

Business-education
Student of BMM
Mumbai, Maharashtra
Management Paradise Guru
Re: project on employee absenteeism - July 10th, 2015

Here are main reason to stop Employee absenteeism

Employee absenteeism is basically because employee is not satisfies with work environment, here are some cautious measures to prevent it.

1) Build amicable environment

2) Treat employee with dignity

3) Use performance appraisal as a tool
Old
 (9 (permalink))
Jitendra Mazee
jitendra05 is on a distinguished road

jitendra05
Student of Bachelor of Engineering at RGTU Bhopal
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Management Paradise Guru

Institute: RGTU Bhopal
Re: project on employee absenteeism - April 20th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatish View Post
I m waiting for ur reply my freinds

thanx in advance

for ur regards,,,,

BSBK.........

bye take care...
Hey friend, thanks for the information and i am sure it would help many people. Well, as we know that absenteeism is an employee's intentional or regular absence from workplace. BTW, i am also uploading a document where you would find more detailed information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf employee absenteeism.pdf (275.2 KB, 2 views)