ORIENTATION PROGRAM AT Alkyl Amines Chemicals Limited

sunandaC

ORIENTATION PROGRAM AT Alkyl Amines Chemicals Limited

The orientation program at Alkyl Amines Chemicals Limited (AACL) seeks to create an open environment that encourages reflection, individual transparency and accountability, and a collective sense of pride and passion for service.

The company understands that creating and maintaining a planned culture starts on the employees first day.

It also helps to build a secure community where fellows and staff can share vulnerabilities, discuss difficulties, and propose solutions throughout the fellowship years.

My orientation for SIP at AACL started on the 25th of March 2008 and continued for 4 days i.e. till the 28th of March.

On the first day, of the program Mr. R S R Murthy, the Chief Financial Officer introduced me to my company guide Mr. James Mathews and Mrs. Sireesha Chandaluri an employee of the company.

I was given a brief introduction about the company profile by Mr. Mathews.

I was also briefed about the various existing policies & procedures followed by the company, along with their rules & regulations.

Apart from this the orientation program also included the following-

* An arrangement for my work assignment and step-by-step introduction to the job.

* A Schedule for on-the-job training.

* A designated person, to whom I could go for help.

* Brief about the departmental standards and requirements

* Information about the equipments and supplies available and how to obtain additional ones.

* Information about the route to all areas which I would need to know for my work assignment (e.g. IT room, HR desk, Fax etc.)

During the 4 days of orientation, I as a summer intern got an opportunity to work closely with my company guide Mr. James Mathews and other colleagues in our department to ensure that I had all the information and resources l needed to feel comfortable and prepared.

It was interactive and informative and was designed to help me to be strategic in developing positive and satisfying work experience.

Thus orientation program at AACL was rewarding experience that will prepare me for the challenges that I am likely to encounter during my internship and also in the future.