pratikkk

MP Guru
Victoria's Secret is an American retailer of women's wear, lingerie and beauty products.[2] It is the largest segment of publicly-traded Limited Brands with sales of over US$5 billion and an operating income of $1 billion in 2006.[2] Victoria's Secret is known for its annual fashion show, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, and for its catalogs, both of which feature top fashion models.

Victoria's Secret. I love my job, and the people I work with. However, I have a complaint. Limited has found a way to milk as much work as possible out of their employees, and that is their overtime policy. Specifically, that they don't have one. Where most retailers qualify overtime as anything above twelve hours a day, Limited qualifies it as anything over fifty hours a week, I believe.

This means that if I work from nine in the morning until six at night, then work a (compulsory) on call shift from six until two in the morning, I do not get overtime. And again, since I don't qualify for overtime, I am expected back to open at eight the next morning.

We work hard. Normally, we really don't mind. Victoria's Secret is a fun job, with great people and great managers. However, I have a back tooth that is rotting simply because I cannot beg, borrow or steal a day off. I began in Febuary and I did not get a day off until March. I wish this was an exaggeration, I have schedule sheets to prove it. On-call is as I said, compulsory, and shifts are stacked regular to on call, leading to those 18 hour days I mentioned before. There is no leeway if an employee has other plans, even if those plans involve a doctor's visit or dentist.

Victoria's Secret and I assume Limited as a whole, has a huge turnover rate.
Of the women I began work with, only three still remain. I don't even bother to memorize new employees names, as they inaviarably quit after a month anyway.
I am not expert on making the corporate dollar, but I assume keeping employees would save Limited money in the long run.

I would like Limited Brands as a whole to pay their employees overtime for working more than twelve hours a day. I would also like them to talk to their employees, realize that we do make the business run even if they do find us utterly disposable. We have families, social lives and yes, even dentist appointments that need to be kept. I wish to remain anonymous because I don't want my job or my managers jobs to be in jeopardy. I just wanted to be a voice yelling up into the sky, letting you know something is amiss down here in the dirt.

Vertex has developed an integrated team environment where employees set high goals and work together to accomplish them. We provide our employees with tools that enable them to achieve, and we provide opportunities for professional development. We encourage employees' participation in educational seminar series, and our scientists regularly publish their research in peer-reviewed journals. Our extensive collaborations bring our employees together with their colleagues from leading research centers and companies based in Cambridge, MA, San Diego, CA,Coralville, IA,Oxford, U.K. and Laval (Quebec), as well as throughout the world.

Employee Development
We encourage our employees to further their knowledge and skill base, and we support these efforts through trainings and tuition reimbursement. In addition, Vertex is committed to supporting employee health and wellness. Our employee assistance program provides diverse resources on parenting, elder care as well as financial planning and wellness programs.

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Agency Policy
Any recruiter or agency seeking to work with Vertex Pharmaceuticals must initially contact our Strategic Staffing Group and enter into an approved search agreement signed by the Director, Strategic Staffing at Vertex Pharmaceuticals. A search agreement must be in place prior to submitting a resume for consideration. Regardless of past practice, any resumes submitted by recruiters or search firms to any employee or representative of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, or directly to hiring managers at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed to be the sole property of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Vertex Pharmaceuticals as a result of the referral or through other means.

Pros
Victoria's Secret Direct offers fairly decent benefits including dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and family services. Good paid time off practices. Each full time employee gets up to 135 hours of paid time off, and up to 4 sick days every six months. Sick day pay does come out of paid time off. Decent, clean work environment. Starbucks coffee and full cafe experience complete with grill. I cannot think of anything else that's nice to say about this place. They do not respect employees and treat everyone like they are in preschool. Do not expect to be treated like an adult.
Cons
Very poor pay compared to similar jobs. I used to work for another website in customer service and I got paid $5 more an hour for performing a similar, if not easier job. Very discouraging environment. Management treats employees like cattle. Do not expect to be valued or treated with respect. Here, they can replace you almost quicker than they can fire you. I was not fired, but many of my fellow associates were, and for ridiculous, unjustified reasons. Essentially, once you start making over $12 an hour, they look for a reason to fire you. I'm only waiting for my turn.

First of all, any job is what you make it. I've worked for Limited Brands for over 8 years, first with Victoria's Secret and then with Bath and Body Works. The company has been like a second home to me. My management teams have been wonderful, and I've seen many regime changes.

The Pay is what you make of it. I've received a comparable raise every year, after receiving stellar annual reviews. Good companies don't reward poor work.

I have always been treated with, and treated my co-workers with respect. I started as a part time sales associate and worked my way up through the ranks to full time management. When I began my teaching career I was able to drop back into the role of part time associate seamlessly, and I CHOOSE to stay because I love the people I work with, not because I need the money.

The benefits are comparable to many corporations in America. They aren't the best benefits in the world, but I've also had the experience that when I needed benefits my team did everything possible to get me full time status so I could receive benefits. My team respected me and didn't want to lose me, so they did what they could to keep me there.

The balance between life and work can get a little hairy. There are people with Limited Brands that bleed for the company. There are call in shifts that don't always get used, but as a person who was a manager I understand the need for the call in shifts. If a person calls out or if we get an influx of shipment, an additional person is needed. Plan like it is a shift, and if you aren't used enjoy your time off :)

Because it is a part-time retail job for most, the help isn't always competent. Many of us 'lifers' are wary of new help because we've seen how bad they can be, and how much damage they can do. Most people don't understand what is involved in a backroom at a place like VSS or BBW. There is a lot of organization and heavy lifting. If someone doesn't follow protocol it can make things extremely difficult for a seasoned associate who has to go behind and fix everything.

Last edited: