pratikkk

MP Guru
Springfield Armory, Inc. is a firearms manufacturer and importer based in Geneseo, Illinois founded in 1974. It is one of the largest firearms marketers of imported firearms in the United States and is a four-time recipient of the National Rifle Association Gun of the Year Award.

After the US Government's Federal Armory (founded by President George Washington), named Springfield Armory, was closed by the federal government in 1968, Elmer C. Balance registered the trademark of "Springfield Armory" to be used by his new company (LH Manufacturing) dedicated to the first civilian production of the M14 rifle, calling it the M1A rifle. Balance began in San Antonio, Texas and soon after moved to Devine, Texas. The company gained momentum and popularity, and Balance soon sold the company to the Reese family who had a well-established production shop and experience base. The company then expanded its market into pistols, notably the M1911. After further success, the company began to branch into many fields of firearms. Springfield Armory, now run by Dennis Reese and Tom Reese, manufactures and imports dozens of different firearms of many styles and models. The company's motto, "The First Name in American Firearms" refers to the usage of the Springfield Armory name and trademarks acquired by Balance and later transferred to the Reeses.[2] There is no other connection between the institutions, though marketing materials often make reference to the federal armory.

I can't recall how long ago it was that I read the first articles about an abbreviated 1911 micro pistol being developed by Springfield Armory to fire the then-new .45 G.A.P. cartridge. I read the article, I liked what I saw of the pistol, but I wondered why anyone would bother physically adapting the 1911 form factor to fire the .45 G.A.P. cartridge. I don't own any Glock pistols and I am not interested in them, so I simply wasn't interested in a cartridge designed for Glock pistols with the intention of replicating the ballistics of the .45 ACP cartridge I already carry and shoot in 1911s. However ... I thought back then that the little pistol would make a dandy concealed carry pistol in a 9mm chambering.

Fast forward to the middle of 2006, and Springfield Armory announced that they were finally going to release the little miniaturized 1911 ... chambered in 9mm, just as I had imagined it should be. This pistol immediately attracted my attention. The design removes the "wasted" volume resulting from loading the shorter 9mm Parabellum cartridge in a pistol whose form factor was designed for the .45 ACP cartridge. This is what Springfield Armory has done in creating the new Enhanced Micro Pistol, or "EMP." By now it is no secret that Springfield reengineered the entire 1911 pistol to reduce the fore-and-aft dimension of the grip portion of the frame. The result is a 3"-barreled carry pistol that looks smaller than similar 1911 pistols such as the Colt Defender or Para-Ordnance Slim Hawg (previously tested here), and feels smaller as well.

Before I delve into a deeper look at what the Springfield Armory EMP is, first allow me to dispense with the formality of describing what the buyer receives when purchasing an EMP. The package is a hard plastic "clamshell" case with a foam interior. Along with the pistol come two magazines, both with polymer floor plates or base pads; a cleaning brush; two keys for the Springfield Integral Locking System (ILS) in the mainspring housing; an Allen (hex) wrench for adjusting the tension screws of the included belt holster and magazine carrier; a bent pin for use in detail stripping the mainspring housing; a plastic spacer for relieving tension on the recoil spring assembly for field stripping; a molded synthetic holster with an adjustable tension screw to control the amount of retention; a matching molded synthetic carrier for two magazines, with standard rails running vertically on each side to allow carrying a detached tactical light and/or laser device ready for use but not attached to the weapon; an instruction book for the pistol; and an instruction book for the holster.

Employee Retention involves taking measures to encourage employees to remain in the organization for the maximum period of time. Corporate is facing a lot of problems in employee retention these days. Hiring knowledgeable people for the job is essential for an employer. But retention is even more important than hiring. There is no dearth of opportunities for a talented person. There are many organizations which are looking for such employees. If a person is not satisfied by the job he’s doing, he may switch over to some other more suitable job. In today’s environment it becomes very important for organizations to retain their employees.

The top organizations are on the top because they value their employees and they know how to keep them glued to the organization. Employees stay and leave organizations for some reasons.

The reason may be personal or professional. These reasons should be understood by the employer and should be taken care of. The organizations are becoming aware of these reasons and adopting many strategies for employee retention.

In this section we are going to study about various topics related to employee retention, why is it needed, basic practices, myths, etc. in detail.

The company's main products are its M1911 pistols (built with Brazilian components produced by IMBEL)[4] and the M1A rifle series. It has been importing the Croatian HS2000 pistol as the XD ("eXtreme-Duty") series since 2002. Previously the company offered clones of the M1 Garand, Beretta BM59, FN FAL, HK 91, AR-15 and M6 Scout. They have also imported Tanfoglio and Astra semi-automatic pistols under the Springfield name.
Springfield Armory also has a well-known custom shop, where full-custom M1911A1s and semi-custom HS2000 pistols are built and modified. The custom shop's most famous product is the Tactical Response Pistol Professional Model (formerly known as the Bureau Model), an M1911 variant. The TRP Professional was one of only two guns to pass the controversial trials set forth by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a new pistol for its Hostage Rescue Team and SWAT teams. The head gunsmith is David Williams. The first two directors of the custom shop were Les Baer and Jack Weigand

Last edited: