pratikkk

MP Guru
Regis Corporation is the largest hair salon chain in the world, with over 11,000 salons (including both company-owned and franchises), it is ranked 778 on the Fortune 1000. It has its headquarters in Edina, Minnesota.[1][2]
Its namesake is Regis Hair Salons, and it also owns the chains Carlton Hair International in Southern California, Images Salon in Las Vegas, NV, Michael of the Carlyle in Colorado Springs, and Denver, CO City Looks, Famous Hair, Best Cuts, Saturday's, HCUK, Supercuts, Pro-Cuts, Hair Crafters, Magicuts, MasterCuts, Borics Hair, Hair by Stewarts, Trade Secret, PureBeauty, SmartStyle, Cost Cutters, TGF Hair Salon, Hair Masters, Style America, Holiday Hair, and Mia & Maxx Hair Studio mostly in the United States, First Choice Haircutters based in Canada, and Vidal Sassoon, Jean Louis David, and Saint Algue based in Europe. In 2005 the company acquired Hair Club for Men and Women, in the hair loss field. The company recently sold all of its beauty schools to Empire Beauty School.
On January 10, 2006 Regis Corporation announced it would acquire the Sally Beauty Company business of Alberto-Culver. Sally has 2,419 Sally Beauty Supply stores and 822 Beauty Systems Group stores. However, on April 5, 2006, Alberto-Culver terminated the merger agreement and later Sally was spun off as a separate company.
Regis is based in Edina, Minnesota and was founded in 1922 by Paul and Florence Kunin as Kunin Beauty Salon, and renamed Regis in 1958 by their son Myron who acquired the chain.
Regis's biggest successful mergers are Sassoon and HCUK, bringing two new names to Regis, Sassoon (Vidal Sassoon) an upper class, very famous chain throughout Europe, and HCUK, formerly part of the Hair Cuttery chain. They also sell Designline hair products (2004) as well.

I visited Regis Salons in the Wolfchase Galleria Mall on February 23, 2007 to get a haircut. The first incident occured as I approached the front desk and asked the two stylists seated if anyone was available to do the cut. One of the stylists was very polite and stated that there was someone available; the other (I believe her name was Christy) sighed quite loudly, rolled her eyes, and groaned the words "Come over here." That should have been the be-all, end-all, but I figured I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

I sat in her chair and told her what type of cut that I wanted, and after looking over my hair for a couple of minutes, she asked me to come to the shampoo area to be shampooed. Now, as a Smart Style employee myself (another Regis Corporation-owned salon), I know that the shampoo comes with the haircut. But, I did not ask to be shampooed because I had already shampooed it myself that morning. I have very dry, coarse hair and if it is shampooed too often, it is a nightmare to deal with.

As she shampooed my hair, I was trying to carry on conversation with her just to be friendly; I'm that type of person. Not once did she respond to anything I said, and if she DID say anything, it was to tell the stylist next to her that she was "p***ed" about her nail breaking off earlier that day. She led me to the chair, cut my hair, thinned it out, and blow dried it. From what I could see, it looked fine.

When I was checked out, she told me that my total for all of this was $35. I know for a fact that a shampoo/cut/blowdry is ONLY $15.95 for our salon. I handed her my debit card, and when I signed the receipt and handed it back to her, she glanced at it and muttered under her breath, "typical--a no-tipper." I'm sorry, but I only tip those who do a good job and are professional.

When I got home, I started looking through my hair and was horrified at what I found--short pieces where there should be long, long pieces where there should be short. To sum it up, my husband could have taken his hedge clippers and done a better job. It is now May and I am STILL trying to grow this poor excuse for a haircut out. Luckily it has gotten long enough that I can manage it a little better, but if it had been cut right in the first place this never would have happened.

I STRONGLY suggest that if you need a haircut or style in the worst way, DO NOT visit this salon. I would rather go to a pricier salon and get the job done the right way than get a botch job performed. I as a hairdresser know that the customer comes first and should be treated professionally and in a courteous manner. And I wasn't treated this way at all. To sum it up, I will not be back.

Turning a problem into an opportunity is something very familiar to Paul Finkelstein. As president and CEO of Regis Corp., Finkelstein faced a serious challenge in the mid-1990s. For 30 years, Regis had operated mid-priced hair salons in shopping malls. With the sweeping changes to the retail industry brought about by Wal-Mart and other “big box” stores, traditional malls were starting to become a liability.

“There are only five or six malls being built a year now, and many existing malls have deteriorated and don’t attract the kind of customer base we want,” said Finkelstein. To counteract this predicament, Regis acquired 154 salons located in Wal-Mart. It was the company’s first foray outside the mall environment, and Finkelstein has never looked back.

Since then, the Minneapolis-based company has acquired a number of hair salon franchises, including the well-known SuperCuts. Recently, it purchased 25 salons and four schools from Vidal Sassoon, with the intention of expanding the Sassoon Studio concept of moderately-priced cuts under the famous name.

The company has grown from $200 million in the early 1990s to $2 billion today. It operates 9,775 stores in the US and Europe and employs 51,000.

Regis will use PeopleAnswers to assess and hire stylists in 3,000 corporate-owned salons at the outset, management in more than 7,900 of its corporate-owned salons across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom, as well as all field supervision. PeopleAnswers will identify Behavioral DNA® of existing staff allowing Regis to duplicate traits of its most successful employees. Customized, behaviorally based Performance Profiles will help match job candidates with the positions in each Regis salon type best corresponding with prospects’ existing traits and tendencies.
“In order to provide the best experience possible, not only for clients but also for our associates in the salons, we must be vigilant about finding candidates who are best-suited to our business and our culture,” said Andy Cohen, president, Regis Salon Division, Regis Corporation. “PeopleAnswers will help us streamline the hiring process and, most importantly, help us identify candidates who will be the best fit in their respective roles which, in turn, will allow us to leverage and accelerate our other initiatives focusing on the salon experience.”
PeopleAnswers is an easy-to-use web-based tool with the scale to evaluate candidates as needed, 24/7, and track candidates’ progress through the application and hiring process establishing a consistent hiring platform across Regis salons. Regis managers will also use PeopleAnswers as a guide for interview content and for employee development.
“For companies like Regis in the services industry, employees are the competitive advantage. They are the ones who provide good cuts and service – delighting customers and keeping them coming back,” said Gabriel Goncalves, CEO and president, PeopleAnswers. “Companies across many industries have proven the unique blend of behavioral science and technology in PeopleAnswers adds more value than other solutions, improving the quality of employees they hire as well as company profitability by lowering turnover and increasing service performance.”

Last edited: