pratikkk

MP Guru
Employee Retention of KFC : KFC Corporation (KFC), founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the United States. KFC has been a brand and operating segment, termed a concept[2] of Yum! Brands since 1997 when that company was spun off from PepsiCo as Tricon Global Restaurants Inc.
KFC primarily sells chicken pieces, wraps, salads and sandwiches. While its primary focus is fried chicken, KFC also offers a line of grilled and roasted chicken products, side dishes and desserts. Outside the USA, KFC offers beef based products such as hamburgers or kebabs, poutine[3], pork based products such as ribs and other regional fare.[citation needed]
The company was founded as Kentucky Fried Chicken by Colonel Harland Sanders in 1952, though the idea of KFC's fried chicken actually goes back to 1930. Although Sanders died in 1980, he remains an important part of the company's branding and advertisements, and "Colonel Sanders" or "The Colonel" is a metonym for the company itself. The company adopted KFC, an abbreviated form of its name, in 1991.[4] Starting in April 2007, the company began using its original name, Kentucky Fried Chicken, for its signage, packaging and advertisements in the U.S. as part of a new corporate re-branding program;[5][6] newer and remodeled restaurants will have the new logo and name while older stores will continue to use the 1980s signage. Additionally, Yum! continues to use the abbreviated name freely in its advertising.

I am working in KFC in UK and I recently joined and it is about one month and working as a part time. My problem is that they want me to work as a cook(which is actually a cleaning job) but I want to work in till.
They said they will train me in till after I became expert in cooking and cleaning. I don't like this job and the only reason I am
doing this is because I don't have any other job. I have applied other jobs and as soon as I get one I will change it. My question is, can I say that I don't want to works as a cook anymore and I want to work in tills. Will they be concerned about me leaving the job if they do against my will. As my fellow trainee are working at till I think I should also be given the chance to work. But at the time of joining I told them I want to work as a cook but in the same time I told them I want to work in till also, but I change my mind to work in the till as there is nothing to learn as a cook in KFC. What can I do to make my situation better or should i look for another job. Can I just leave the job if I get job somewhere else?.I am an Indian student. The job is sometimes depressing.I asked them about me changing to till work constantly, but they kept insisting me to work as a cook which I don't like. Will they be concerned about their employee retention or just fire them if we want to change the thing we don't like. In extreme case, Can I just leave the job after getting another without giving notice,Will I be blacklisted if I do so.please
advice.

As a person with knowledge of staff turnover and retention, the author has always brought up to his superiors the viability of strategy formation regarding staff turnover and retention management and at times fail to understand the reasons or logic behind certain strategic implementations imposed on it.

By delving into this project paper, the author intends to have better insights into how staff turnover and retention is thought up, formulated and then imparted down. The author hopes to have an in-depth understanding as to how the staff members reconcile the need to become more strategic with the demands of managers to carry out the traditional personnel roles.

In order to reinforce the learning objectives, two key focal issues were focused upon, i.e. innovation and diversity. Innovation was discussed with regards to staff turnover and retention where it was renowned for its developmental capabilities to constantly innovate. Diversity came under strategic thinking and formation as the author considered the diverse culture, political climate, economic surroundings, social environment, technological settings, government policies and legal systems in order to understand staff turnover and retention.

Statement of the Problem

It is said that there exists a high turnover rate in Hong Kong’s Fairwood fast food chains. Hence, the causes of this must be investigated and effective retention strategies must be done and implemented in order to better understand these circumstances.

Statement of Hypothesis

Fairwood fast food chains experience a high turnover rate because their employees are not happy with the conditions of employment .

Purpose of the Study

This study was conducted in order to determine the causes of high staff turnover among the Fairwood fast food chains in Hong Kong, and provide meaningful retention strategies to remedy this problem.

This study also aimed to increase the awareness and provide a better understanding of the issues and problems concerning retention strategies for employees in order to contribute an effective approach in addressing their problems.

Significance of the Study

If the causes of high staff turnover among the Fairwood fast food chains in Hong Kong will be determined, this study will be a benefit to various organizations handling similar problems. As the approach of this study is more on the technical rather than the personal aspect, the families of these employees will not be able to apply the same technique at home. Also, if effectiveness is supported, this study will be significant in developing underachieving employees as productive and effective professionals in the future.

Research Questions

Specifically this study will address the following questions:

1. What significant causes of high staff turnover among the Fairwood fast food chains in Hong Kong were determined?

2. What specific alternatives or retention strategies can be done to help lower the staff turnover in the organization?

Assumptions

The research was based on the following assumptions: (a) all participants were utilizing the correct procedures as outlined in the guidelines for the specific methodology employed, and (b) all participants will answer questions honestly to the best of their ability.

Limitations

Time was the greatest limitation to this research, which hindered long-term outcome objectives. Environmental factors, such as socioeconomic status and work attendance were not controlled, and that created many variables within the research. As this study utilized a small sample of employees, the results may not effectively represent the general population.

Planning and Strategy Formation Capabilities

Planning and strategy formation nowadays has created the need for staff members to become aggressive especially in the area of marketing themselves. This is because the access to strong distribution channels is critical for their continued retention in any company or organization.

· Decision-making Capabilities

Upon arriving at the correct decision or choice, the staff member now gains confidence in his / her ability to make critical decisions or choices especially when his / her integrity and job retention is on the line. Thus, this staff member will now search for even more challenges and opportunities where he / she could further enhance his / her decision-making abilities regarding current human resource issues.

· Analytical Skills

Through the exposure to various puzzling human resource issues, the staff member along the process is able to develop a holistic mindset regarding the issues surrounding him / her. The staff member now becomes a keen observer of the truths and lies surrounding the issue being tackled, instead of relying on mere hearsays. The continuous pursuit of the truth behind the puzzling issues enables the staff member to consistently practice and enhance a healthy and holistic mindset which makes it difficult for detractors to give influence. Because of this holistic approach, the staff member is able to effectively select the right choice and continue to maximize this potential for future use, leaving their employers impressed and wanting them to stay in their company (2002).

· Mental Stability

Mental stability is crucial especially in the pursuit of the correct decision as well as the management and development of the processes accompanying it. It is important for staff members to remain updated with the latest developments to be able to stay aware and knowledgeable in all issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
KFC is loosing its market and after serving rats to their consumer instead of chicken, will definitely tarnish their image. After Maggi, its KFC to get under scanner for providing low quality standard foods.But, they can cope up with the issue if they have effective and who have chauvinism for the company, with the help of word of mouth publicity can again revive the same respect for the company but, it will take time.