<h2>Organisational Structure of VIZ Media</h2>

Viz Media, LLC, headquartered in San Francisco, is an anime, manga, and Japanese entertainment company. It was founded in 1986 as Viz LLC. In 2005, Viz LLC and ShoPro Entertainment merged to form the current Viz Media LLC, which is jointly owned by Japanese publishers Shogakukan and Shueisha, and Shogakukan's licensing division Shogakukan Productions (ShoPro Japan).[1]

COO

Martin Burkhalter

Chairman of the Board

Dag Opedal
Vice Chairman of the Board

John Ranelagh

Director

Frode Strand-Nielsen

Director

Bjorn Olafsson

Director

Dalia Rabin

Director

Thomas Falck
Director

Janne Morstol
Sales

FL
CFO

Ofra Brown
CTO

PJ
CIO & Logistics

CH
Marketing

HM
Media Asset Management

CN
Mobile

PD
NEMEA

FG

ES
SEMEA

AK
Americas

IH
Asia Pacific

MN

There is always that one course or one book that sticks with us forever after we've long graduated from college. For me, it's always been "Organizational Behaviour" by Steven L. McShane. An avid fan of ethics and philosophy, this was a book that I read for my one and only business course during my university years, and in it, all the theories and notions I learned from my arts classes were put in practice in a single textbook - all applying to the laws of business.

Years later, I worked for a marketing company with the worst organizational culture; or as my book defines: the basic pattern of shared assumptions, values, and beliefs that are considered to be the correct way of thinking about and acting on problems and opportunities facing an organization. If an organization is groups of people who work interdependently toward a purpose, my first experience in a marketing firm represented everything that's wrong with organizational culture. It was, in fact, a deteriorating culture, with holes poking through at every turn mostly due to a lack of solid business planning, an encouraging support structure, and the desire to make money before understanding the right way to go about making it.

You see, as my book explains, the evolution of creating successful work environments is not a new curiosity. It in fact stretches as far back to Plato and the human desire to reach personal and collective goals - what another favourite of mine, Stephen R. Covey speaks of in "The 7 Habits to Highly Effective People". Creating mission statements and end goals helps individuals and organizations draw clear paths to guide them toward accomplishing whatever it is they are set out to accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator: