Blockbuster Inc. is an American-based chain of VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, and video game rental stores currently under Chapter 11 bankruptcy. At its peak in 2009, Blockbuster had up to 60,000 employees.[1] As of January 3, 2010, there were over 5,000 Blockbuster stores in the U.S. and 17 countries worldwide. It is headquartered in the Renaissance Tower in Downtown Dallas, Texas.[2] Because of competition from other video rental companies like Netflix, Blockbuster has seen significant revenue losses. The company filed for bankruptcy on September 23, 2010.[3] Some Blockbuster Video stores in the nation have been taken over by Houston, TX based mattress firm, Grapevine, also Texas based GameStop, and others

CEO
James Keyes
Director
Gary Fernandes
Director
Edward Bleier
Director
Strauss Zelnick
Director
Joseph Fitzsimmons
Director
Kathleen Dore
Director
Jules Haimovitz
Director+
Gregory Meyer
CIO
PKM
Marketing
Rebeca Johnson
Marketing
JL
Legal
EP
New Business Development
DW
New Zealand Franchise Busine...
RW
Digital Entertainment
KL
Film
JW
Merchandising Distribution &...
DP
Human Resources
KA
Secretary
RM
Internal Audit
SS

For most organizations, these are not minor course corrections. Each of these three key areas demands changing direction by a full 180 degrees.

Besides changing direction in any one of these key areas individually, there is an ever more pressing need to integrate all three as an organization-wide system. This can be either an area-by-area evolution or a broad scale simultaneous implementation. For example, an organization might start by focusing on customers, begin managing processes with basic teams, then move toward shared leadership and self-directed teams. Or the change effort may begin by involving employees through teams, focus on customers, and then move to incorporate process management.

An executive at a US-based telecommunications equipment manufacturer illustrates how these areas can evolve and merge, "We hit the cultural change wall because people didn't want to do the behavioral stuff (skill building, dealing with conflict, changing habits and practices). People didn't want to do that because it hurt too much. That got real ugly. So we said, 'we're not going to do that behavioral stuff. Instead we're going to do process improvement work.' And, after beating our heads against the process wall for a few months, some people found out that they're really not separate and distinct. You can't do one without the other. And, oh by the way, the only way that is going to work is to have teams. So, we're starting to break through the barrier of linking all of those pieces that were originally perceived to be separate. We're really breaking through the barrier and recognizing that this is all interconnected."

However the transformation is begun and whatever it's called, effective long-term change and improvement efforts integrate all three of the key areas. Only through an integrated systems approach to customer service, process management, and employee involvement can organizations become industry leaders who are clearly better and faster and cheaper and newer than their competitors.

Last edited:
Organisational structure is the codified process to run a successful and effective business. It is the ladder for the success and it provide proper framework and guidance in work process. Organisational structure also helps in bagging giant clients. Suppose if I am Reliance and i love Bhoopendra pandey's advertisement, then i would search for agency where I work. So, my organisation would be benefited because of me so, sometimes the personality in organisation bags client.