TATA'S ONE LAKH RUPEES SMALL CAR

Do you think Tata's 1-lakh rupees car is worth buying? Why?

• yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • no

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • can't say

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

dpka

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
All of us must be well aware of the new car to be launched by TATA MOTORS in INDIA.

TATA MOTORS plans to make India's cheapest car, priced atRs. 1 lakh (approx.) which will be in markets by 2008. This dream plan of the Tata's has faced many obstacles, but inspite of all this it is expected to capture the interest of all masses and be successful. this four seater, plastic bodied car can supposedly run at 60 kmph.

Recently Tata faced number of problems for setting up of plant where the car would be manufactured. The trinamool congress on one hand was against lang aquisition for the same in West bengal... However, CM of the state has done lots to solve this problem. as a result, Tata motors has aquired farmland in Singur, Hoogly. The farmers will be given suitable compensation.

This car production is now in full swing, and Tata's value system continues to be seen in his task too.

Let's just wait till this secretive car comes in the market. but the question still remains, will the people be ready to have a small budgeted car like this, fulfill the desire of havin their own car... or will this car just be a dream and not match upto the expectations?

cutiesona2002

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
TATA are known for their good quality..i am sure they will deliver their best.. and yeah people will be willing to buy, i think people used to buy maruthi 800 as it was the cheapest..now with TATA coming up in 2008-09 i think maruthi will slash its prices

RC1327

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
it will be worth buying over a mahindra scorpio but still bikes are better.for a amily nano is best mileage is great but it will add to more traffic jams

saigopal

Tata Nano car is good for the people who r satisfied with the given for the money paid.

But for others it will be annoying and people may rais e lots of complaints like its speed, its limitations, etc.

Also Maruti has stated clearly that it wont reduce price.

ankitgokani

MP Guru
TATA MOTORS has done a wonderful job of launching d nano - 1lakh rupee car wch is affordable by d lower middle class ppl but infact even d higher class ppl hav plans to keep nano as an extra peice at home for any emergencies so in this case if every1 goes to opt for nano wat wil happen to d traffic jams on roads n also wen so many cars end up on road like bugs on d road n also d emission n high gas prices??????????
Can u imagin d urban congestion problems tht await?!

Is ther a better path to urbanized transport than the private automobile?
As it is, d Indian roads r choking wit cars, gridlocks - wat abt d pollution n d air quality wit emission frm all these cars. The air quality in some of d metropolitan cities is horrible. Ppl r wastin hrs stuck in traffic jams, wastin petrol n contributing to d air pollution. Wat we need is more public transportation - not more cheap cars.

saigopal

Hey Guys Dont Think only about global warming, other things are there also.

Pro's -
1. Call can be afforded by low and Middle class families also (Like Reliance mobile )
2. Every home in india will have alteast one car

nice to think .....!

Dis-adv:
1. Think about the traffic to be hit on roads
2. Think about Petrol Usage by India for cars and where to get it
3. Think about pollution
4. Think about Parking
5. Think what our government will do for these factors....?

Sai

himanshudhone

hey imran...i dont agree with you...they cant launch it in selected cities....thats not how you do business... :)
also due to such high inflation rate i dont think they ll manage to keep it that cheap.....

preetsethi123

I have seen this car from real close....i cud't take a ride but can tell u that the engine quality is really good and m sure it will win the hearts all over the world...

bips

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
on the global warming thing ...

honestly, that is kind of an elitist statement to make ..

what it basically says is that -lets not make cheap cars bec then everyone can afford it... so its better for the not so financially strong to pile 5 ppl on a scooter to travel while the rest of us (those who can afford expensive cars) travel safetly and comfortably and buy three cars per household... so the responsibilty of averting global warming lies on the poor and not on the affluent...

thats just unfair

its a great thing what the TATAs are doing though i doubt tthe venture now considering inflation costs and the land row in singur..