Does recession affect talent ?

sonaaam

i read in ET editorials and i somewhat believe it also that" we don't have any recession in our country bt what we have is pshycological ression in our country".

mohitkhurana

I do not agree to the first post where its mentioned that the recession is only in our minds.

I would go out and talk to manufacturers. Demand of their products is just going down, the banks are reducing rates to unbelievable levels, and there are many other factors which you should see and probably then u wud come to know if this RECESSION is actually in our minds or not.

Probably u can also visit this forum where I found some really interesting facts on the similar topic related to stock markets. It might be of some help. The website is www[.]CFA-Forum[.]com (u shud remove the brackets to see the exact link)

angeliscool19

i dont think so there is a huge shortage of employees.as Baby Boomers are retiring.Even in areas where the economic downturns are hitting the hardest – like finance, real estate and manufacturing — younger employees are in high demand.
Suggestion
listen to talk of recession, but don't let it get you down. There are a few precautions you can take in case you get laid off or downsized. But really, don't decrease your expectations for your job.
Often times we get for ourselves what we expect from ourselves. So during talk of recession keep your chin up, and your expectations for your career up as well. This might just be a great time for your career.

best of luck guys

bushramehdi

Well...Recession is temporary..and a part of a buisness cycle..but yeah..dis tym it has been deeper than ever...because the ambitions and greed got bigger...
Life alwayz gives opportunities even in the face of bad times..talented people cash in on these opportunities.. talent is sumthing which never goes waste...

ashton

Talent is a subjective term. If we have 100 applicants for a job the most intelligent individual will bag it and feel on the top of the world now picture this if there were 1000 applicants the topmost person who was numero uno among the 100 applicants may loose his ranking and this is what happens in recession there are more job takers and hence to push himself into the company he accepts a lower salary as compared to the top most talented guys in the thousand bracket (Remember he was numero uno in the 100 bracket) however companies prefer recruiting employees who are good enough and who accept a lower CTC therefore genrally recession effects talent.

manishahujas

Recession might not affect the intrinsic talent of an individual, but would surely make it difficult for one to get opportunities to showcase the talent.

Blue_Jack

talent is not related to recession. every person and his capabilities remain unaffected by the receesion. it is just the utilization of his capabilities that is affected in the recession

rv12345

no

recession does affect the talent at all

at times it helps us to screw our brain and bring out the inner talent hw to work in pressure and panic

so in short out talent gets out and helps us at timessssss

plese revert on my viewww

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Hi,
Talent is not affected by recession or not related to any events but the competition will be very heavy due to recession.Ppl have to groom-up their skills and the companies will look for more talented ppl with more innate skills.So its a good challenge for ppl to grow faster and learn faster.

Talent-grooming wise recession is the best time.

-Deepak.

nitinjadhav22

Recession does not affect talent. but ' Demand and Supply' situation in job market is affected. so for a givel level of talent getting a decent job becomes a bit harder as you compete with many guys like you.

kamalharlalka

I think recession does not affect talent in fact under such situation people tries to optimize the input and try to get maximum advantage of the available resources which may lead to new ideas and developments.

atulanavekar

NO recession does not affects talent. talent is independent of anything and its only talent that is most important than anything