Looking at the current recession which type of investment would you prefer-

1)Securities
2)Gilt Funds i.e government securities
3)Corporate Bonds
4)Fixed Deposits

Please give reasons : It would help a lot

rohitrajgaria

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
According to me the best investment tool in the current market scenario will be fixed deposit and gilt funds...as in the current market situation the time of recession when the market is so volatile...it will be not safe to invest in shares or we can say equity....

so fixed deposit will be good choice and from the view point of small investor it is the safest..atleast we r getting a fixed rate of interset..which will be more then the inflation rate..so..its a good choice

and even the gilt funds as it is the govt. funds and bonds so its also safe...

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
According to me,best investment tool would be Fixed deposit.But ppl who haven't ventured into the Equities this is the best time cos they can't get shares at a cheaper price than this.Even the MF are now quoting at year-end lows.So this is best time to buy those even.But if your risk-taking quotient is zero then FD sounds a better option but please beware the FDs are coming with TDS.

-Deepak.

nikhilsondkar

I think gold would be a better investment option its price is almost close to platinum's price.
The stock market is very volatile to enter rite now. and it also depends upon a persons risk taking capacity....

rohitrajgaria

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
ya gold is a good investment option..but we must also take care small investors in mind...
investing in gold will require more fund then investing in fixed deposit...

more over fixed deposit is very very safe then other investment options..

as even now a days banks r giving more interest on investment as they need more and more liquidity...

U

ushakiranmai554

I think many would go for Fixed deposits ... and gold as few already said earlier ... But if one can carefully analyse the market and if is hopeful ... then going into Equity is also not a bad option ...... But if preferring security then it is for fixed deposits for sure ....

anyzen

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Go for Securities, There are fundamentally good companies available trading at low price. Business is a cycle, Boom to recession to depression to growth to boom. its a cycle. so Be choosy in securities during recession and depression periods. Invest for long term and one day u will be another warren Buffet

suaveboy

Banned
According to me the best investment tool in the current market scenario will be fixed deposit and gilt funds...as in the current market situation the time of recession when the market is so volatile...it will be not safe to invest in shares or we can say equity....

so fixed deposit will be good choice and from the view point of small investor it is the safest..atleast we r getting a fixed rate of interset..which will be more then the inflation rate..so..its a good choice

and even the gilt funds as it is the govt. funds and bonds so its also safe...

ramsharma88888

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Corporate bonds and gold are safe investment options but an investor can also look at equities if he is an experienced investor . It depends on your risk appetite

grail

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
against popular belief, in the long term,............equity is always a good option if u have the eye for a good investment and the appetite for risk.... better than fixed deposits!...