Should all Pubs gets banned in all over India?

Karnataka CM Yediyurappa and Sri Ram Sene chief Pramod Muthalik have both said that they would not 'allow' the pub culture to grow in their state.

It all started with a hysterical fringe group attacking a pub but now politicians too are singing the conservative refrain. Is this really a modernism vs tradition debate?

What your say guyz? Pubs are really a danger to the Indian culture? Will it deteriorate the quality of Indian culture???

Should all Pubs gets banned in all over India?

marquais_v

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
SIMPLY BANNING PUBS IS UTTER WASTE.BUT I BELIVE THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO PUBS MUST BE AWARE OF SOCIAL MANNERISM WITHOUT VULGARISM WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH TO GENERAL PUBLIC AND THEMSELVES.:SugarwareZ-286:

yummy1984

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Banning pubs..will not help.. it depends on an individual...going to pub n enjoyng without hampering our culture can be done...n who are these sena people to judge others...y r they prejudiced for girls...i think these people needs to be given some lessons of manners & they should really learn how to treat women.. our indian culture has it... right,,..,

kishnani

Banning pubs..will not help.. it depends on an individual...going to pub n enjoyng without hampering our culture can be done...n who are these sena people to judge others...y r they prejudiced for girls...i think these people needs to be given some lessons of manners & they should really learn how to treat women.. our indian culture has it... right,,..,

i agree wid him....simply banning a pub will not help..ppl shud b taught hw to behave n shud know how to respect their cultures

yummy1984

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i think organizations like Ram Sena should ban ,as all these outfits who take laws into their hands and do whatever they want in the name of religion. If they have some problems, do talk to the people, educate them and in certain cases go for the leagal system. But definetely no 'Gunda Gardi'. We are all in a civilized world an't we , and not in jungles. And please do not politicise these issues to take an advantage....

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I don't think pubs must be banned.Ppl going to pubs are not kids and they very well know where they are going and what they are doing.It is upto to the individual to takecare of them.But whatever has happened to the girls are absolute atrocity against girls and noway pardonable.So I don't think we should ban the pubs.All regulations we so far are only in papers and I don't see any rules/regulations being implemented in spirits.We don't want one more regulation in paper.Better let the pub exists and let us keep these vandal elements from the society.

-Deepak.

madronny

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
no... pubs must not be banned.. we leave in a democracy... we have our freedom to do want we want to do...

ed1968

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i think pubs should not be banned but dance bars and high end should be banned in high social areas or lvl of restriction should be enabled over them

yummy1984

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i agree to this.. people going to pibs are not kid..they are grown enough to know what is good n what is not... n let me ask 1 thing..is alochol has a diiferent effect on men & different on women? definately not...then y to have a ban on gils...why women should be burdened with morality n indian culture.. n what these ram sena guys have shown indian cultute...ahhh... give us a break.. yaar Girls, aged between 19 and 20, were grabbed by their hair, thrown on the ground, molested, slapped and beaten by a group of young men, claiming allegiance to Hindu culture and accusing the girls of dancing with boys at the bar. ...please dont try to moral guru of India.....plzz...

yummy1984

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i agree to this.. people going to pubs are not kid..they are grown enough to know what is good n what is not... n let me ask 1 thing..is alochol has a diiferent effect on men & different on women? definately not...then y to have a ban on gils...why women should be burdened with morality n indian culture.. n what these ram sena guys have shown indian cultute...ahhh... give us a break.. yaar Girls, aged between 19 and 20, were grabbed by their hair, thrown on the ground, molested, slapped and beaten by a group of young men, claiming allegiance to Hindu culture and accusing the girls of dancing with boys at the bar. ...please dont try to moral guru of India.....plzz...

Some are saying pubs will ruin our culture, I am just wondering, these are the same people who are hitting people (including women) mercilessly. Is that our culture? First up these people are the ones who are ruining our culture.

This certainly is not a culture debate at all..its a debate of whether any one of us will let some dictate terms to us.

In the end there are terrorists who try and dictate terms to us...and then there are these people...fundamentally there may be no difference between these two classes!! Both should be highly condemned and not allowed to grow!!

jyoti.usbt

I don't think banning of pubs will be the right solution for the recent misbehaviour that happened in one pub of the state of karnataka. Some anti-social elements are present everywhere in every part of the country..so we cann't ban the use of any place,any item just because of its misuse, misbehaviour,some vulgar activities etc.....Instead we all should come together with our govt. to challenge these anti-social elements and some strict rules & laws should therefore beframed up in our constitution & jurisdiction to deal with these people who tried to deteriorate our beautiful culture..

Upasu_t

nobody has to right to tell ny1 what to do...if pubs are to be banned , the liquor and wine shops should also be banned..but nobody will ban these liqour shops coz our country gets revenue from it..

chirag5

Ofcourse not. We are into globalization and how cau you talk of closing pubs and all. We are accepting new culture slowly. Is it possible to totally ban alcohol? No! then how cau u ban pubs???

adi_628

First of all, no single entitiy hast he right to assume the responsibility to 'protect' their culture. Each individual has the right only for himself or herself, and is free to conduct himself the way he/ she chooses (AS LONG AS HE/SHE DOES NOT DIRECTLY HARM SOMEONE ELSE).
Banning pubs..that would just set an example of how little self-control we possess. Pubs should not banned. The people who think themselves to be 'heroes' and 'protectors' (read hypocritical chauvinists) should be banned.
If a person gets drunk in a pub, and harms someone else, punish him/her. Rightly so.
Instead of banning facilities, and moving backwards, we have to move forward, and not make such issues out of small things. Pubs are there. So what. They're there all over the world. It is upon the people to use them responsibly. It is high time that 'parenting' is stopped.