"Slumdog- Millionaire depicts India's gloomy picture"

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I strongly felt movie has tried to portray a gloomy reality of India to a great extent. Ironically India is a land of extremes, the site of children begging on traffics is very appalling. It seems these children can be the budding faces of Future India. The kind of life they are forced to maintain, given the circumstances, is really not justified.

Well, according to your opinion has the movie tried to smear the image of India????

korovkinsergey

I think this film is produced not to smear India. It's about another thing. Love, relationships. If u see only smear probably u need to digg into yourself.

Kalpana Heliya

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think this film is produced not to smear India. It's about another thing. Love, relationships. If u see only smear probably u need to digg into yourself.

hello there.... there's no question of, I taking this issue personally, First of all, the point here is the Cultural sensitivity of a country needs to be taken care of. The film has won a slew of awards, yet the eminent filmstar Amitabh Bachan has criticized the film. Second thing....Danny Boyle has repackaged India's poverty and sold it to the Western audiences. Indians feel that despite the huge advances the country has made in all spheres, the West is still hooked to the notion of India as the land of snake charmers, is very reflective in the film, if one has kept eyes wide open while watching it !!1

sid.666

no offence meant but you should leave your analytical abilities when you go to watch a movie... we're very proud that you have them but movies are meant to entertain not potray or showcase countries in good or bad light.

if you think that slumdog stereotypes india into a bunch of snake charmers and slum dwellers you might want to take a walk through rural india where as aptly quoted by Gandhi is where the real India lives.

I agree bout the one track potrayal of india in the west could be possible but then those who matter know what India's all about ... no country is perfect and the movie has picked up one of our greatest drawbacks and turned it into an experience , i think the movie's been brilliantly made and all the hype and hoo-haa around the movie is completely justified. I'll be rooting for them during the oscars ...... why ? cuz i liked the movie , it made me smile , end of story , dont dwell very deep into something that's quiete shallow or you'll hurt your nose. again.. no offence intended .

rafarules

i completely agree with u mate....it indeed describes india on terms of food n other basic amenities deprived country.....so not impressed bythe script very much

amishi jain

hey i've seen d movie as well read the book it is adapted from ( Q & A by vikas swarup). the novel itself is a story of a young orphan 4m the slums so u cant expect danny boyle to make a movie abt a middle class kid... u can c d movie in another light dat even d street kids in india are smart enuf to b a millionaire if given a chance... n its coz of d movie dat many people 4m western countries are cumin 4ward to help des poor deprived kids in india...

rohit_009

I think the movie was great .. yeah i did initially feel that they are not really portraying a great picture of india but then after watching the full movie i somehow loved it .

Rahul Somani

Hi, friends in my point of view director potray his very good views in this movie, as all of us know that is it based on person who is leaving in slums of mumbai.
the main concept is that the life taught us many thing in many different ways and the fortune of any person can change any point of time and in any ways and we can't predict our fortune.

gaurav_41283

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
the movie is great
it try to show some indian reality and we should take it sportly
this is real slum life
we shall look forward and try to help the poor children

yummy1984

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
the movie was really -really good , just not bcoz its being nominated for oscars...it depicts the originallity & a true face of india specially mumbai.....
we should appriciate the directors efforts..as its too difficult for a person frm west origin to even enter the slums of DHARAVI...n shot for months to get the perfect picture.....
the Child actors are also too cute ,,... the casting is perfect...

The music is impeccable... A.R Rehman...

hope it will win as many oscars it can...

jhenley

I feel that everything in this world is taken too literally.. It is a movie.. It is made that way to have an impact on audiences and to protray emotion..

vijaykulkarni

i think the movie is great
though it has shown poverty in india,but the world do know the other sides of india,they do know about our defence strenth,about chandrayaan,about T20 winning team of india & about many other things
so I dont think that one movie will help much in doing harm to india's image
and though the director is not indian but ultimately it's a team effort which wins oscar, and the team consists most indians-Rehman,all actors,backstage workers and not to forget the story is written by swaroop

Peeusha

well i too think its an awesome n a must watch movie for evryone..it depicts d real India n how children r treated today also..very gud movie..it deserves oscar for sure