Globalisation .. BOON OR BANE

• BOON

Votes: 111 93.3%
  • BANE

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters

ViJiT

Vijith Pujari
The advantages and disadvantages of globalization have been debated and scrutinized heavily in recent years. Proponents of globalization say that it helps developing nations "catch up" to industrialized nations much faster through increased employment and technological advances. Critics of globalization say that it weakens national sovereignty and allows rich nations to ship domestic jobs overseas where labor is much cheaper.

vesh

according to me globalisation upto to certain extent is fine as it helps a developing country like ours, but on the other hand too much globalisation can also hamper the growth of the indian companies & also to some extent could exploit the resorces.

vishal_1986

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
vjaquarian_14 said:
The advantages and disadvantages of globalization have been debated and scrutinized heavily in recent years. Proponents of globalization say that it helps developing nations "catch up" to industrialized nations much faster through increased employment and technological advances. Critics of globalization say that it weakens national sovereignty and allows rich nations to ship domestic jobs overseas where labor is much cheaper.

vijith.,...wht r ur sayins towards globalisation... forget critics...but do consider thier sayins..lol

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
I feel globalisation is a case to screw up the developing countries.

The developed countries get cheap labour, make better products, gain on economies of scale , and sell the product cheaper than the local markets.

This way, they give more salaries than usual to the working class, give better products at better prices to individuals.

But we forget that we are getting enslaved by them, smaller companies are loosing out and more and more people are working under MNC's .

The barrier between the rich and the poor increases and the local economy goes into depression gradually.

Well , thats my bit on globalisation

vengabeats

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
I think, to some extent globalization is good because under-developed nation starts developing, it maintains good economic relation with other countries, employment oppurtunities are there, aftter enterance of differnt MNC's Infrastructure also develops.

Globalization is also bad because of this we get the cheap and bad quality prducts like chinese products and also degraded products like 'kellogs' which are banned in US. Because of MNC's only Indian companies have to face problems of cost-cutting, haevy competition etc....

So Globalization is a Boon as well as bane

techno

definitely globalisation is a boom if it would not have been it would have been not possible for me to reply the post which u have sent while sitting here...it's a gift of globalisation only...but if we look at the other side of it ..we will find farmers suicides...due to technical advancements and cheaper crops avialable from imports... chinese goods flooding indian markets and causing a middle class trader a great loss ... but overall i fell it has given us more than it has taken back from us

The effect of Globalisation has a two way effect the world id becoming flat
but the sad part is its not only for good people like bin laden are also having the same advantage which is the dark side of globalisation .........but theres always a vice versa ...if we dont have a problem it would have been so easy......
i am on the strong side of WITH glob.....

tanmay5000

I feel that globalization is good for our country as it pushes us to be more innovative, so that we become more advanced and raise our standard of living as compared with other countries through competition. Globalization has a simple philosophy hidden in it i.e. life is a challenge, you win some you lose some but ultimately you learn and become better. I think the country that thinks globalization is a bane is hiding its inability to manage the country and their people should work harder with unity to overcome their weaknesses. A good example is how Germany has risen from the ashes of 2nd world war. We can't let mismanagement come in the way of development, quality and standard of living, can we?

samar

Globalization which concentrates wealth in the hands of a few is bad.

The rewards should be more evenly spread.

In the name of globalization / Privatisation if
the poor & helpless are getting displaced
[ Singur & nadigram in W bengal , Panvel in
Maharashtra ] it is likely some point down the
line to result in massive social unrest with
the attendent adverse effects.

akansha_khare

I feel globalisation is a case to screw up the developing countries.

The developed countries get cheap labour, make better products, gain on economies of scale , and sell the product cheaper than the local markets.

This way, they give more salaries than usual to the working class, give better products at better prices to individuals.

But we forget that we are getting enslaved by them, smaller companies are loosing out and more and more people are working under MNC's .

The barrier between the rich and the poor increases and the local economy goes into depression gradually.

Well , thats my bit on globalisation

hey i completely agree wid u kartik

Navjyot1983

Globalisation is power. It helps the under developed countries a chance to get along with the delveloped countried to come together and work. Along with this opportunity the end consumer get an advantage of the choices and the prices for the end product.
Globalisation has aslo diluted the borders and the distance across countries for the best talent to come upwards. It has been a boon for the talent.

Harryman

Globalisation is definitely a boon and although it has its negative effects too ,those are negated by its overall contribution .

Today at the tip of my finger i can communicate and send important and relevant data over to the opposite end of the world through the internet at a relatively priced cost .

Companies can have its various functional departments in different countries and sell the final developed product in some other country.Thus getting the best resources from different parts of the world at the most optimum price to develop high quality products ,thus satisfying customers needs .

This world has become such a small place due to globalization and liberalization.

akansha_khare

well as far as commerce goes... d basics say tht every debit has an equal n corresponding credit.so it is obvious that weneva sum1 makes a profit its at a loss to sum1... to a certain extent globalisation will end spoiling local stuff.... bt d rise in competition will also help in having better quality stuff.... n nt every1 will be able to face foreign competition

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well according to me, globalisation is a boon but whether it is a boon or a bane is not the point to discuss. The point to discusss is at what pace we are achieving globalisation.

There is too much of globalisation happening in developing countries especially in INDIA but still there are farmer suicides, villages getting washed out coz of floods, more n more SEZ's coming up at the cost of farmers' land and what not.

So, the point here is the pace at which we are globalizing. We need to allow FDI, FII's keeping in mind the plight of poor people so that even they progress with the nation.

anurag87

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
hi i have some queries regard measures taken by govt. of india for export promotion and its benefits after globalisation boom enter in india in 1991