Is retail marketing affecting young India's purchasing power?

rachit_mba

Seems like India would have more malls than schools in the days to come..the point is if there are so many malls coming up...that too next to each other..would there be enough buyers?? Has our purchasing/spending power increased or is it that the retail marketing is strong enough to galvanise us?

hi rachit

I would term this trend as "Retail Clusters", conventionally if you find almost in every city we have the concept of bazaars where shops of equal sizes also had co existed. So this behavior is nothing new, given our population size these may even be not enough. Not forget that these big malls are investments which have had long gestation periods before maturing into reality. There will be competition but all of them would definitely make a margin in the long run.

neha archana

:scared:retail marketing is affecting then i will say not at all. it is motivating them to purchase according to their needs.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Yes "Mall culture" is surely affecting the purchasing power of the young minds.In weekends malls are certnaily the place for the young to hang-out.

-Deepak.

suhaszore

Every body will agree that there in wave of malls
But this will settle down after reaching an equilibrium with purchas power of consumer
Old markets /bazaars would be made extinct by these malls
Question is how long will it take ?
What happens to huge investment that is going in RETAILS?

pahuja.chirag

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
no. of malls is increasing because the purchasing power of people is increasing alongwith shortage of time. people are moving from traditional shopping to one stop shopping so as to save time. thats why no. of malls are increasing and are also successfull.

ravindrakanteti

It is definitely affecting both the ways. Now as per the present market trends again the customer is becoming more nearer to the small kirana shop purchases instead of malls unlike earlier.

jumbojet

Often the Retail Sector will have Good Boom in Future....On the basis of Focus on Good Quality products....

ladycelebs

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
mall is not future for retail
retail cost is high & sale is less than high street market
tell me any 5 mall which are running best even good in delhi/ncr?
u can say only few out of lots of malls

username123

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
its not that retail marketing is driving young india's purchising power. Infact, it is the other way around. retail marketing is the effect, not really the cause.

everything happens for a reason friends... today we look at an India which is growing by leaps and bounds... and in such a country where the PPP is rising, turning up of new malls in cities is quite justified. taking an example of chandigarh, the sales of Fun Republic have gone down considerably, after the arrival of Central Mall. and for that matter 2 more (Bella Vista and Shalimar) are coming up in Panchkula. would you say that the income of the malls will get divided. to a little extent, yes.
But the major source of the income is not sales, but the advertisements of various brands. And these malls make major contribution to the GDP of our country...

suithink

When we talk abt global markets,it implies that capitalism is sweeping across borders.This wave not only opens up the economy but the mind.The supressed instincts both good and bad do come out.The mantra of consumerism hits its peak.So the youth's mind gets sweeped away (not to the literal full extend) and he starts/starts looking for more avenues to spend his money( aspirers ..increases) ...But the whole point is on one hand globalism ...hence the influx of mall culture does make fundamentally significant changes ...if the culture is 'hollow' the youth also gets tranformed...More global ..more s** word ..more freedom and more confusion ...but also means an overall improvement in 'basic' life...