When will Stock Market mayhem finally end?

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Happy Diwali bros,

When do u all xpect th Stock Market mayhem to tide over and start a new spell.

Many of u must hav invested, whts th quantum of loss? If u lik to share Or did u pullback your money just right in time.

Actually, the foundations for this were laid back in August 2007. Even at that time analysts wer sayin 2008 is not going to be the year for equities, Dont know ever in history on Samvat day Sensex closed in Red like last year 2007. Hope on Tuesday its in green. Thos wer th signs.. But maybe US subprime crisis & collapse of Financial Inst. has added not only added fuel but oil, petrol from Iraq n acid to th fire..

Correction was always on th cards but whats happening right now is anybodys guess. Almost all Stocks are back to square one like RPL for ex it is again at 76Rs. when all the positives r just abt to come in for the Refinery & when it didnt hav anything it was still quoting much much higher.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
Indian stock markets are on sentiments and the global financial crisis has affected FDI and small investors in a big way.

I know of people who have not yet taken their money out of the market and their portfolios are almost half of what it was in 2007.

Logic says that markets will touch the 8000 levels and then there will be minor corrections.

kartik

Kartik Raichura
Staff member
it will take 1 tear to come back to its normal position//////////

and you gather this magical figure of 1 *year from ?

Whats the base of your argument?

ROHAN KACHALIA

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well its actually the every eighth year that there is a bloodbath at markets...

and this time its because of the global sentiments which has affected Sensex and local investors....the fall of Wal Street ahs seriously affected our economy

This mayhem can go upto the mid of nxt year...as there are very grim chances of US, UK economies recovering from recession as well as the financial health of these nations are positive.....

So it will take quite some time for Sensex to enjoy the bull run once again.

DesiDude666

In Europe, not very likely, it's all due to senior management mismanagement. For Asia, I don't think the Indians should be affected because of the limited FDI there, most likely it's just due to minor complementary aspects of international dependencies. Even before the US/Europe Bombay Stock Exchange was highly volatile and was fluctuating.

I don't think it's all because of the global situation.

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
To me it's not just Correction, but a correction which was due and natural the day Sensex breached 21000, ther was this headline next day in ET, "From now on, it's not for the faint hearted".

People knew of US subprime then and they in general I feel deliberately put money and scaled Sensex to such highs. And then pulled off with a venegeance.

But the quantum of problem, to rock all the major Fin Instt. of USA wud not hav been thought of by anyone. Even the Lehman Bros or Morgan Stanley Chief.

Now the concern is China is the largest subscriber to the mortgaged backed securities, that wer sold by US Inst. and that wud be the last nail in the coffin, after Europes and UK's fall of late. if anyone knows abt plz write.. When it surfaces n all no one knows..

Till then the world at large will suffer even if there is no real sensed problem either in India or Europe.

apurvgourav

Apurv Gourav
indian stock market will take time to curb this sitution...or in normal position..rightnow the market is in 8900. till january 2009 it will be normal position.

DesiDude666

Nope, I don't think there is global recession yet, you need to contract for 3 years in a row, in terms of GDP growth, so collectively, it's impossible. But then, certain industries may face a little economic pinch. The companies aren't buying, the consumers are - if countries such as India run on generic growth, I don't think anything outside India should affect Indians too much...

Unless, you're Infosys or Wipro - then it's another story..!

This is a very big question on head right now........

Even experts are not in a position to answer this question......According to me, Stock market is really unpredictable these days as financial crisis is going on globally. It might not recover again in next 2 months atleast. Sensex might go till 6,000 to 7,000 also and Nifty also might go upto 1,000.

So beware and don't invest in commodities or derivatives in this crisis. If you still want to invest (as shares prices are really down these days), then do it as long-term investment. Don't look to gain profit in short period. It is bound to make u huge loss......

Hope the year 2009 will be better for Stock markets around the globe and Sensex will again recover and jump again to that 20,000 number.....
:SugarwareZ-286:

RAHUL MAINDOLA

well the current crisis cannot run long in Indian scenario. The market just needs positive rallies, rather, positive perceptions of the investors and sooner we will see the market climbing again. Once it crosses the lower resistance level then only the market will tend to stabilize before that it can even fall to 5000. As far as the investors are concerned I ll suggest them to use hedging as much as possible..................

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
What is this double time support level? from where u got it? I think ther is hardly any fundamentals or technicals involved in the market like these times.

its all sentiments n emotions, fear engulfing us.

i believe as sensex has already breched the support level of 9000 so it may now stop at 5700, the double time support level.

on d eve of diwali, 2day muhurat trading is going on in d evening time at bse & nse............... and the news is... it is going to recover the market somewht....

hope indian stock markets will recover soon from this financial crisis !!!

Last edited:

rahuliit2003

The markets should be close to bottom-out in a few Weeks's time, now that most global markets have held back against the over-sold positions for quite sometime already. But then again, I'm no pro and it's just my opinion.

mmlam

British retailers are facing a "very challenging" run-up to Christmas after high street sales continued to fall during October.

The Confederation of British Industry's (CBI) monthly distributive trades survey found that half the companies questioned had seen sales decline and 23 per cent had experienced an increase.

The resulting balance of -27 per cent is the same as September's rate of deterioration and is the seventh consecutive month in which retailers reported falling sales.

While high street trading is under pressure, the CBI's reading of activity in October was ahead of the -35 fall that analysts had been expected and far ahead of the -46 per cent reading taken in August, which was the lowest since the series began in 1983.

The manufacturing sector has continued to suffer because of weakness on the high street with 36 per cent of retailers reporting a cut in orders placed with suppliers.

Among the sectors, specialty foods and household durable goods reported the largest sales declines.

Andy Clarke, chairman of the CBI Distributive Trades Panel and retail director of Asda, said: "Shoppers face competing pressures on their wallets and are spooked by worries over job losses and the slowing economy.

"Retailers have had another tough month and, while there are some winners, the majority are suffering. The sector looks set to endure a very challenging run-up to Christmas. We are hoping the recent drop in interest rates will cut consumers and business some slack as it feeds through to the wider economy."