"BAN ON SMOKING" Campiagn..........!!!

Union Health Ministry issued a notification for the ban under the Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution), Act 2003, on all tobacco and cigarettes products at Hotels, restaurants, pubs, offices and even the international airport (crowded places).................

The smoking ban is a much-needed effort to curb a disgusting habit. Alongside betel leaves and tobacco-chewing, smoking is the most disgusting habit human's have ever embraced.

So MPiets, what do you think.... will this "ban on smoking" campaign be a hit???

Jonna

nthing cn b done widout ppl's co-operation....

since long govt. is tring 2 put on a ban such unhealthy things...bt hasnt found ne sucess so far...~_~

untill n unless d smokers dnt understand dat aint jus ruining their lyf bt evn d lyf of ppl around dem by forcing dem passive smokin.....u thing der is int environment pollution due 2 various reasons dat u want 2 add on 1 more o_O?

kvmani

Hi Members,

Regarding the ban i got sum suggestion.

1) Why cant the Govt target the Cigaratte manufacturers, if they really intend to stop smokers in India. It may be due to reduction in tax received from these sectors.

2) In latest Budget, they have increased the tax on non-filter cigars and ultimately, there is no release of non-filter cigars in Market. Anybody noticed that.

3) In singapore, they cigar packets will display the cancer affected photos. So when ever any person purchases cigars he will be impressed to see that photo on cigar packs.

4) All four replies are 100% true and subjecting the above it may likely to reduce at first point itself.

Good day.

kvmani

Hi Members,

Regarding the ban i got sum suggestion.

1) Why cant the Govt target the Cigaratte manufacturers, if they really intend to stop smokers in India. It may be due to reduction in tax received from these sectors.

2) In latest Budget, they have increased the tax on non-filter cigars and ultimately, there is no release of non-filter cigars in Market. Anybody noticed that.

3) In singapore, they cigar packets will display the cancer affected photos. So when ever any person purchases cigars he will be impressed to see that photo on cigar packs.

4) All four replies are 100% true and subjecting the above it may likely to reduce at first point itself.

Good day.

pardeep4u

yeah it must be there because it not only affects the health of smoker but also of nearby ,so if one wants to die then why should other suffer,at last there must be a strict provision for those who doesnt follow the rules.:SugarwareZ-263:

iamnarendran

it definitely the best rule to be brought here .. i welcome it fully heartedly ... i would be grt if the gov takes serious actions against law breakers ...

amitsanil

Hi Friends,

I dont think ban on Smoking will work, rather than targetting smokers government should
target tobacco manufactures by incresing tax in folds for tobacco products

ANAR

HI, GUYS,
BAN ON SMOKING... YEH!! IT GREAT EFFORTS BY GOVT. IT WILL SURELY BRING POSITIVE RESULTS.. TO START WITH IS GOOD SIGN.. LETS HOPE FOR BETTER HEALTH OF PEOPLE TO SURVIE IN CLEAN ENVIRONMENT
REGARDS ANAR

bijalg99

Dear Folks

I firmly believe that though smokers would refrain initially from smoking in public places but gradually the campaign would lose its steam as was observed in case of compulsory helmet campaign.

Good Day

aksh_heven

Ppl as this is a debate topic i would take the other side.
Smokin in public place is banned in many countries,but smokers are given special smoking zones to avoid and prevent passive smoking.
India should also have them because as per the new laws s.zones are only allowed in 30+ capacity restaurants.
Ppl who choose to smoke choose it willingly then y ban it.
The health minister should infact pay more attention to theother healt problems increasing in india.
Because tommorow he may come and say obesity is a big health problem and so obiese people will not be served food in public places.
:SugarwareZ-252::SugarwareZ-252::SugarwareZ-252::SugarwareZ-252:

dwaynep

I think its an awesome campaign. every restaurant i go to i can smell such good air... thanks to the government for making our lives better

arnie9999

Untill smokers dontt realise about the ill efects of smokin.....environment pollution causes hazards and it needs to be saved from the harmful smoke

sanya_sharma_f

its effectiveness will depend on how well it will be implemented

many laws are begin created but the problem in India is that we don't follow them, and also police and other people don't enforce it properly