In what ways will US financial crisis affect the E-commerce business?

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
There are lot of upcoming e-commerce sites which are offering from hairpins to aeroplanes in US.But recent trends points out that there will be a hit in the consumer spending in US industry.Ofcourse retail giants like Walmart,Home Depot are getting ready for this.Will this affect the e-commerce business?

-Deepak.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Let me start the discussion.I wud say the E-commerce business would take a hit in this credit crunch.First and foremost is liquidity with ppl are coming down.Even worst is the rising unemployment rate.So these conditions will not allow ppl to think about purchasing.So purchasing power will eventually come down.I also suspect more defaults in credit card industry cos ppl have to survive and they should make their living.So ppl will start using credit cards when they have no option left out.E-commerce industry gets most of the traffic from the developed ecomonies like US,UK and Europe also of which are in the brink of recession.So this is a hard time for E-commerce.They should start concentrating countries like India.Ofcourse in India internet is slowly coming now-a-days,so it will some more time for ppl to make online purchases.Today ppl are using E-commerce in India only for search purposes like House rentals,Cars,railway tickets,cinema tickets etc.On the other hand are the credit cards frauds happening in the industry.So ppl are really hesitant to make online purchases.Lets keep our fingers crossed and see wat happens next for this industry.

-Deepak.

i think financial crisis is almost hit the e commerce also bcoz if we take a example of e-bay this time they incurred a loss as compared to last year as most of people are not ready to circulate money bocoz of fear of losing it..

adiishi

Banned
There are lot of upcoming e-commerce sites which are offering from hairpins to aeroplanes in US.But recent trends points out that there will be a hit in the consumer spending in US industry.Ofcourse retail giants like Walmart,Home Depot are getting ready for this.Will this affect the e-commerce business?