Can salary be major factor for employee Satisfaction?

sonali.lakesar

Hello All,

I am doing summer project for ESS. I have included questions related to salary in the survey que.
Is it ok to include such que. in survey?

Thanks,

Sonali

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Its Ok. Infact Salary is th ultimate thing. U can giv best of environments n motivation at workplace but wht about Money that u n ur family requires.

Its only besides Salary, wht extra u r giving, n wht kind of culture prevails in the Orgn.

deepakraam

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Well it depends on a case by case basis.Ppl who are in supplementary income choose a job because of job profile,onsite oppurtunites,challenges or it cud be tht they want to work with that company.It depends on the individualistic perception.Nowadays,ppl are more concerned about the career growth in a particular company than focussing on mere pay.

-Deepak.

shailu744

salary is not alone a factor for satisfaction.even if v r provided high salary v can do a job which yield us no satisfaction.if u r interested in ur job v would like to work for even less salary.this gives us more satisfaction

pappu_pager

Money is the most important factor for almost anyone. Other than that you have your working conditions, environment and your relationship with people working in your company. Whether your hard work is appreciated. There are also many other factors which affect an employee satisfaction.

pvyasaswy

Salary very much determines the employee's satisfaction in an organization..But people gradually started giving due importance for their career growth in the organization.. Major parameters which people do often consider to work in an organization are salary,quality of work and career prospects..

aditichandra

Yes it's ok to ask such questions
However i think all employees need more than compensation to feel satisfied.
These days people fcous more on Job Profile and opportunities for growth within an organisation.
However compensation also plays an important part in determining their satisfaction levels

gumball

Yes, salary would be a major factor. This is because it quantifies what the individual is worth to the firm and forms a basis for comparison

sashankabijeet

it depends, if ur survey if for lower level employee then yes because that is the most important aspect for them but the moment u climb the ladder it start to negate.

dheerajmah

i think it plays a mojor role. however its not the only option considered while taking in thought about employee Satisfaction............

annu.nirmal

Hi,
I think salary is a major concern during the early stages of a person's career life and as he moves up the hierarchy,its priority decreases and job satisfaction and development takes its place...

Jonna

well...........now dis again is a subjective topic

few prefer hike in salary whr as few prefer designation ^_^

if salary was evrything den management wudnt hv come wid sumthing called as 'dry promotion'

besides salary n designation.....wrk environment also plays a vital role ^_^

Nomi

Money is the most important factor for almost anyone. Other than that you have your working conditions, environment and your relationship with people working in your company. Whether your hard work is appreciated. There are also many other factors which affect an employee satisfaction.

Wrong.

For example: "In largest survey of its kind, nurses say they enjoy interactions with peers the most, pay the least - " Survey of 76,000 Nurses Probes Elements of Job Satisfaction, USA

Or look at:

CREATING JOB SATISFACTION

So, how is job satisfaction created? What are the elements of a job that create job satisfaction? Organizations can help to create job satisfaction by putting systems in place that will ensure that workers are challenged and then rewarded for being successful. Organizations that aspire to creating a work environment that enhances job satisfaction need to incorporate the following:

• Flexible work arrangements, possibly including telecommuting
  • Training and other professional growth opportunities
  • Interesting work that offers variety and challenge and allows the worker opportunities to "put his or her signature" on the finished product
  • Opportunities to use one's talents and to be creative
  • Opportunities to take responsibility and direct one's own work
  • A stable, secure work environment that includes job security/continuity
  • An environment in which workers are supported by an accessible supervisor who provides timely feedback as well as congenial team members
  • Flexible benefits, such as child-care and exercise facilities
  • Up-to-date technology
  • Competitive salary and opportunities for promotion
Job Satisfaction: Encyclopedia of Business and Finance

In fact I have never seen it ranked higher than 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Nomi