Call Center Jobs: Sweet Poison or Bitter Tonic for Indian Youths ???

Call centre and bpo sector has giving so many employment opportunities nowdays to the youth and contributes well to India's GDP.........

So whtz ur views frnds, on the topic,

Call Center Jobs: Sweet Poison or Bitter Tonic for Indian Youths ???

Discuss !!!

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
To each his own, I feel every one shud hav an experience of it during our college days for a year or so, rather than taking sides.
Its where youth get even more excited as well as exhausted.
Especially if u guys wud hav heard the dark stories, wher ther r whole lot of food, drinks , babes, parties. In moderation everthing is good.

Shalini (SHALOO)

Hi........
What i think CALL CENTERS are SWEET POISON to our nation....
The youth of INDIA is now a days attracted towards this service sector...
But they are neglecting the fact that the jobs in call center can serve us for a short while....
They cannot be regarded as long term profession......
What i think...
The people working there are in the range of age-group of 18-30...
This means that ae employee working there can be a person just passed out from school...Can be the one just completed his Graduation irrespective of the fact whether the graduation is a traditional one or professional one....
Can be the one who might be a post graduete...preferably an MBA...
and the last can be the one who has a lot many years experience..
In this way a freasher,a graduate,a post-graduate(MBA), and an experienced person...All are in the same strata of income and position.....
By this the elder generation could feel an inferiority complex....
This inferiority complex is threat for the person as a whole.......

username123

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
sweet tonic :)
Its the way how our economy will grow. No call centres => no burgeoning growth of indian economy. Coming to youths, there also they get good salary in that job. Add to that poor higher education facilities provided by indian govt. (which obviously not gonna improve ) call centre is the way to go. Get utmost from the current situation.

There is no doubt that the India call centers are the latest booming industry attracting lakhs of young men and women all over the country.

call center jobs provides various advantages like - chance to work in overseas, good salary, flexibility t ochange jobs, etc............. but they hav some disadvantages also like odd working hours, odd lifestyle, health problems, etc......

Though they gives good contribution to India's GDP, it can not be regarded as long term profession..............

So I wouyld say - SWEET POISON !!!

how are the jobs at call center...why does the majority of the indian youth going to work for a call center?what is the life there?pros nd cons evrythng is neatly xplaied i the book written by chetan bhagat one night @the call center..as dis question cannot be ansswered in short i gave dis reply...believe me fds im not a book freak but when i started reading the book i came 2 knw what exactly call center life is...i agree with the author nd the content..though im not a call center employee..the content will answer many of the questions...nd its full of humour too...so derz no chance of u getting bored reading it.....

chandoo.upadhyay

yes off-course it is a bitter tonic for India, if we concentrate on the poor Indian guy who is unable to arrange his fee and other expenses for higher education they join it and completed his study without any problem.so we can say for that guys that is the best way to complete his education.

in_4_u_babess

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
seriously cant syay anything abt that
poor people whose parents were earning 5000 monthly
their children r earning 25000 monthly
getting thier sisters wed [On TIME]

on the other hand
it is ruining youth education...........
pl stop education when they start earning.
so it's like people with very bad financial background can opt
bt who has a good backgr.. must continue for further degrees

patola

as far as experience is concerned, Call centers give u a wonderful platform to showcase as well as develop ur linguistic/communication skills....maintaining a balance b/w ur health and job is all u need.....

poojabms

I think its a double edged sword.
If its created a generation of sleepless quick money making getting-lavish-by-the-day youth it has also provided to thousands thier bread and butter.
the call is eventually on the individual n his/her family to take.

vijayd8

There is no doubt that the India call centers are the latest booming industry attracting lakhs of young men and women all over the country.

call center jobs provides various advantages like - chance to work in overseas, good salary, flexibility t ochange jobs, etc............. but they hav some disadvantages also like odd working hours, odd lifestyle, health problems, etc......

Though they gives good contribution to India's GDP, it can not be regarded as long term profession..............

So I wouyld say - SWEET POISON !!!
.............:SugarwareZ-098:.................................................................

dheerajmah

1,00,000 call centers and 2 million agent positions across the globe.
the major of it is now in few countries like india etc....
this short term money has given boom to various of these companies sales too from the saving attitude we are now altering to an average spenders which is in terms of no: are good for a lot of companies and its helping in keeping unemployment and exploitation in terms of saleries in our country just think the no: of youth or population is nt increasing due to Call-Centres but we r earnin. however, yes i do agree with the points above but if they will vanish from india our whole economy would suffer and generation and the loss will totally nt ours also.......

manthan_479

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
Merits. - extra money...& improves communication skill..

Demerits. - no future prospects...more money chains ur thinking..leads to bad habbits etc.etc.

so obivously a sweet poison

prasadrao

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
i wud say its a sweet poison...
youth gets attracted to a call center checking its high packages bt if overall career growth is considered its a sacrifice