can india compete china

squareleg

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
If we start to think patriotically like most, we will say yes we can beat China.

But practically, ground realities are different. Mindset Change which I dont see happening. Disparities in all walks of life.

Observe the Power Crisis, still few years when we wud be able to meet todays requirements, let alone future requirements.

I read even after the Nuclear Deal, we will be able to meet 2050 projected requirement not fully still with low deficit, which effectively means we r not goin to achieve basic needs.

Again, many of us like Instantly available n Cheap products, so tht we can change or throw them or for variety amidst low price.

The Govt. is already killing Industry. No power, more taxes. I get slang on seeing 40-50% as Corporate Taxes, Dividend Distribun Tax. All reasons for these Guys to do Chori, evade tax. Govt Solution they burden the honest Salaried Tax Payer, his solution Bribe and now it is so instilled , engraved tht no matter hw much one accumulates, still hungry to get more n more.

Results Huge gap betn Rich n poor, givin rise to Naxalites & Looters, Terrorists. N common man is affected. Coz Ministers n all roam with Z Plus security. Tel One Minister who got killed for a cause or otherwise.

Govt Solution let them fight on some issues like Region - Religion so that they dont ask for basic necessities n fight on the name of God.

Last edited by a moderator:

safforntiger

hmm... its an interesting question....
i think its tough. really tough...to compete against china.
the most basic hurdles are our corrupt beuracratic red tape, lack of infrastructure..... and our democracy!!!!
yeah... its true...
think bout it... while in china...the communist goverment can take any number of decesions swiftly to proceed with a plan while in our beloved bharat... it just opposite. so many laws and regulations and political, social and beuracratic hurdles block the way for making any new policy...for betterment.
i think unless at most basic level we reduce corruption, povery and illitracy...its hard to compete....

hmmmmmmm..... a great question....
yeah y not.. it is possible but the thing is that, in CHINA if a person is good in sports then for entire life he ill play sports or if the other person is good in acadamics the he ill study only and ill not be an active participant in sports but whre as in INDIA it is totally different people want to be master in both which is not possible at all....... and to make it possible we have to change our view that only acadamics can help a person prosper..
and another problem is that their is no proper training given......

smartest_guy

I also think that India is far far behind China in terms of infra-structure,research,development. Also in terms of games(physical activites) India is lacking behind.People have a very different view of thinking in China which is very rational and modern.

pankaj.best

Dear Freinds,

I thanks everybody for posting their comments,

as far as GDP is concerned, India is somehow similar in growth, but if we check out the total GDP, we are far behind...

total IMports from China to India are more than exports from India to China.

we all are known about low priced products of China that have flooded the indian markets and giving strong competition to indian domestic producers.

According to me, thinking practically, not patriotically, we are far behind china. but the point to be noted here is who is responsible for this.

government. No, its not only government, its everybody in thr society, everybody who is an indian citizen.

can we think of working an extra hour without any extra pay as the chinese people did?

can we think of closing down our polluting industries just because olympics is there in our country?

can we compare china in patriotism?

answer yourself....

Think: Feel: Act

Pankaj Poddar

kmrjt

Ok, we can stop the influx of low priced Chinese goods into India. Will that hinder China's development? No. Have we ever asked ourselves the question - being an autocracy, how has China been able to throw a challenge to the G8 nations?

Firstly, their mentality is different. The never call for strikes or 'bandhs' over issues of industrialisation. The political parties never do anything wrong that would oppose the growth of the country. Next, the industrialists are corporates, of course, they'll think of their own profits - but not to the extent of frustrating the potential employee with a little salary like peanuts, which is widespread in India. I ahve seen many science majors, engineers earning peanuts despite good academic records! Why? Because, in India, reference and back door tactics play the major roles! This forces most of the potential students either to diverge their field or to leave the country. Does it happen in China? No. You may be thinking how I know that. I have been a student of Biochemistry in my post graduation, securing the second place in the university. Hope it's not difficult to understand for you why I chose MBA (for the time being, of course, as I'll continue chemical research abroad), right?

Next, as already mentioned, the mentality - it's not at all congenial to growth. The politicians here always think about their profits, so does every man in this country - gossiping, talking about others, commenting - all are the proofs of this. Delaying things, using up funds for personal use - how will development happen? Most of us talk big. But what do we actually do to developp our nation? Nothing. There's a disease in this nation's politics. Even if someone joins with good intentions, they vanish and he becomes another one in the flock of the infected polluted minds.

Next, compare Beijing to Delhi, Shanghai to Mumbai and Hong Kong to Kolkata. Do our cities come anywhere near the Chinese ones from any angle? No.

I went to Shanghai last year from Kolkata by China Eastern, via Kunming. You know the transport that ferries passengers to and from the city and the Pudong Intl. Airport? From seven sides of Pudong, radiate seven flyovers. A magnetic bullet train, The Maglev, is released in each flyover to carry the passengers to downtown Shanghai, a diatance of 35 kms in just 5 minutes. Speed? 420 kms/hr. What do you get at Indian airports? Cabs, which many people feel is unsafe as the cabbie may plunder your belongings any time! And no comments about Indian buses!

Guys, we need to think. Development is not so easy. It is the fruit of cooperative work, patience and a good mentality.
We, the Indians need to be more thoughtful, more compassionate for the countrymen - so many of them do not get enough to eat in a day. How can people in such a country think of treachery and deception?

For India to become anything like present day China, changes are mandatory. Changes in politics, mentality, society.........the list goes on...

dil

I hardly think dat India could compete with china. atleast in infrastructural matters one could only dream abt competing. on the other hand legal policies and political matters clubbed with corruption and poverty will keep this dream a dream only.

drkau21

Banned
be practicle
India and China has difference Political demographical and willing ness of people hence Comparing them is a waste of time focus on our personal growth and learn from them.

yshah84

Par 100 posts (V.I.P)
India can curb chinese goods..by putting anti dumping duty....and can restrict imports by putting quality norms...

India has made big strides over the past five years in the global arena, and may soon catch up with China.

but we r not in a state to beat china on this date........

the most basic hurdles are our corrupt politics, poverty, lack of infrastructure & of course our democracy........

akhils300

there shoudnt be any comparison between the two countries as they are totally different in their own ways.and one more thing why should a country compete with other??

vijayjaret

India has to develop strong rural devlopment programme so that india itself can have strong internal demand rather to look outside for economic devlopment

china market is known for a low quality and low price market at international business level. china is producing these type of products for covering and balcing chinese economy. Main problem is population , china stands at first level with 1300 million people as per US census bureau in 2005 and india stands at 1080 millions. so, not much more difference. due to this population chinese small scale industries are grown u day 2 day and for this the chinese goods are lower level

if we consider indian market , many MNCs comes in to india and stresses their legs with help of globlization.many foreign fund comes in to india and develop their market in to south asian countries. due this such type resons indian govt. not to support this type of mentality. to cover the indian demand, indian economy should have to increase production chain and distribution and supply chain.

dishiva

well..both the countries are in different grounds...China seems to be way ahead of India...Both the countries have different sets of economy and all..but I guess that with Hard work and endurance,we can surely overcome China...

hellorhail

Great question
I think India can compete with China. Because now a days we are progressing in each and every field. Our GDP is also almost same. And if u see 2 yrs data China is consistently falling down.

sachindoingmba

Perhaps we expect all good things to happen too soon for which we lack the patience, skill and persevarance which Chinese have. I am sure when each one of us discipline himself and work towards whatever being mentioned in this discussion we can compete with China.
Else we will have to wait for Chinese to become lathergic, self centered which can lead to their downgradation and then we may get over them......